Summer Challenge 09

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Homunculus, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I assume the format remains the same however have any dates been released yet?

2. I heard it had been cancelled, no firm evidence though.
  3. Sorry should have stipulated I was referring to the 51 Bde effort.
  4. Not as yet, we've just started the Winter Challenge which is a completly different format. That could have us working every w/e for 12 w/es!

I have heard that it's not going to be run by the Inf, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
  5. Summer Challenge is definitely on in Scotland this year, bizarrely enough at Cameron Barracks yet again. It was put forward that Barry Buddon would be an easier place to use, but CCF camp takes priority over training, go figure.
  6. Summer Challange for 51 Brigade is 20th June to 08 Aug.

I got my form through the post a couple of weeks ago asking if I wanted to go do GD staff.
  7. yeh i heard that last years was a dummy run just to see if it would be succesfull or not? not sure if its true or not
  8. There was talk of the guys being sent to ITC for the CIC phase, any news on this or are ITC making the journey north?
  9. So what were SC 06 & 07?

If anything, WC 08 was a dumy run as this years is completly different.

H, on 7 & 8 the CIC sent a team up, I can only assume they will do the same this year.
  10. im guessing so,
  11. The latest dates for 51(Scottish) Bde Summer Challenge is 26th June through to 16th August, the CTP I havent seen yet.
  12. Why does this not surprise me???

25 lads in a shitty old barrack block without even enough lockers for the blokes kit. :x

Worse still the poor mugs that tip up for this thinking they walk out the door and get handed £1500.00. :roll:

I dont think anyone explained that pay parades, Tax + NI Conts etc and get deducted at source and that the bounty does not get paid until the following April :slow:

Am i the only person who qualified for bounty and has still not got it???

Ice Cream anyone????????
  13. Ah the wonderful Bounty, just been told by the PSAO that I've not completed any MATTs and that I best get a move on despite the various RTCs promising to forward the paperwork to my unit...
  14. Dry your eyes, your bounty was paid as a bribe to someone in Glasgow to get rid of you to 23. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  15. Hmm, I am honking on about the bounty for Training year 07-08.