Summer Camp ideas?

Discussion in 'ACF' started by walting_matilda, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

After the many many years of working with the cadets I just feel in need of some inspiration.

So to that end, any great ideas for summer camp?

2. Not going somewhere thats a fcuking toilet would be a good start.

Why are annual camps often held at facilities that have been rejected by the Prison Service as inhuman and degrading? But they are good enough for our kids?

(Sennybridge was excellent though.)

3. Afghan/Pakistan border?

4. Ive alway picked places that I would like to stay (Browndown or Jersey camp to name a couple). I totally agree with you. I mean Altcar is so so soooooooo bad.

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Because it's character building.

6. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Awwwwwwwwwww sh**, we re going there next year :cry:

7. My lot did Castlemartin last summer and LOVED it! The eldest went coasteering and thought it was the dogs danglies! My daughter also had a great time, said the showers etc were brill and the area was fab!

8. Because most of the accomodation held by the Forces gets rejected by asylum seekers and the prison service, but its good enough for us.

Bramcote has a very nice Cadet accomodation thingy.

9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well Ripon is now closed & apparently Fremington is either closeing or being rebuilt.

10. What chocolate frog said. It's not cadets they're picking on, it's people in uniform. Or, find an RAF station to be based out of. Their juniors' transit accom is far better than you often get in the officers' and seniors' messes in older camps.

11. Fremington is closing, as is Penhale. Penhale was a damn good summer camp, and i really liked the accomadation at Fremington.

12. I have booked coasteering. Any advice about other activities?

13. they did canoeing/kayaking, shooting and rock-climbing, archery.....all things they really enjoyed.

They did coasteering with THESE GUYS

14. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

Barry Buddon has excellent accommodation, training area, ranges etc. Downside is it's possibly a bit far for you southern chaps to travel to. We go there each Easter for a week (unusually, we have two one-week camps rather than a two week annual - Easter for star boards, Summer for adventure training, champion company comp etc etc).

15. Thanks but my camp is on the Isle of Wight.