Summer Camp ideas?

Not going somewhere thats a fcuking toilet would be a good start.

Why are annual camps often held at facilities that have been rejected by the Prison Service as inhuman and degrading? But they are good enough for our kids?

(Sennybridge was excellent though.)

Ive alway picked places that I would like to stay (Browndown or Jersey camp to name a couple). I totally agree with you. I mean Altcar is so so soooooooo bad.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
walt_of_the_walts said:
Why are annual camps often held at facilities that have been rejected by the Prison Service as inhuman and degrading?
Because it's character building.

walting_matilda said:
Ive alway picked places that I would like to stay (Browndown or Jersey camp to name a couple). I totally agree with you. I mean Altcar is so so soooooooo bad.
Awwwwwwwwwww sh**, we re going there next year :cry:

My lot did Castlemartin last summer and LOVED it! The eldest went coasteering and thought it was the dogs danglies! My daughter also had a great time, said the showers etc were brill and the area was fab!

walt_of_the_walts said:

Why are annual camps often held at facilities that have been rejected by the Prison Service as inhuman and degrading? But they are good enough for our kids?

(Sennybridge was excellent though.)
Because most of the accomodation held by the Forces gets rejected by asylum seekers and the prison service, but its good enough for us.

Bramcote has a very nice Cadet accomodation thingy.

walt_of_the_walts said:

What chocolate frog said. It's not cadets they're picking on, it's people in uniform. Or, find an RAF station to be based out of. Their juniors' transit accom is far better than you often get in the officers' and seniors' messes in older camps.

spike7451 said:
Well Ripon is now closed & apparently Fremington is either closeing or being rebuilt.
Fremington is closing, as is Penhale. Penhale was a damn good summer camp, and i really liked the accomadation at Fremington.

bigbird67 said:
My lot did Castlemartin last summer and LOVED it! The eldest went coasteering and thought it was the dogs danglies! My daughter also had a great time, said the showers etc were brill and the area was fab!
I have booked coasteering. Any advice about other activities?

walting_matilda said:
bigbird67 said:
they did canoeing/kayaking, shooting and rock-climbing, archery.....all things they really enjoyed.

They did coasteering with THESE GUYS

Barry Buddon has excellent accommodation, training area, ranges etc. Downside is it's possibly a bit far for you southern chaps to travel to. We go there each Easter for a week (unusually, we have two one-week camps rather than a two week annual - Easter for star boards, Summer for adventure training, champion company comp etc etc).

bigbird67 said:
walting_matilda said:
bigbird67 said:
they did canoeing/kayaking, shooting and rock-climbing, archery.....all things they really enjoyed.

Thanks but my camp is on the Isle of Wight.

Went to Castlemartin on numerous firing camps but stayed at brodie (14 sigs) up the coast for adventurous training once had a great week, went surfing just down off the cliff tops, there is a garage that rents boards and wet suits had a real laugh. Also went fishing for 8 quid a head and there is some fast boats that can take you up and down the coast sight seeing. The coast is the best place ive seen to walk along loads of wrecks and scenery, also went down to a large plantation near Tenby for orienteering and mountain biking, just watch the locals in pembroke never failed to get into fighting and halaford west is a great night on the lash woke up in a ex raf pad but thats another story.

Idrach said:
walt_of_the_walts said:

What chocolate frog said. It's not cadets they're picking on, it's people in uniform. Or, find an RAF station to be based out of. Their juniors' transit accom is far better than you often get in the officers' and seniors' messes in older camps.
fkn amen to that, Bubba!

RAF Halton 1987, me, a mere Air Cadet, with a single, lockable room with en-suite! All of us had single rooms. I've stayed in hotels worse! Amazing.

I dream of going places like Barry Budden, Castle Martin, even Longmoor at a push!

bigbird67 said:
walting_matilda said:
bigbird67 said:

Napiers a good camp for that & we took the cadets to Euro Disney for their day out. (except me,I was Ord Sgt,which I did from the Sgt's mess!0

Latest Threads