Discussion in 'Seniors' started by sirbobbymoore1966, May 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any ideas for a summer ball??
    I have the normal band/disco/caricaturist/photographer but am looking for that something else that everyone will remember.
    The function is in July in BFG.

2. see here for starters

and here
  3. Cassino is always good for a laugh
  4. 2nd Polish Corps didn't think so...
  5. A lot of it depends on the type of mess you've got (age, rank, numbers etc). However a couple of ideas are

a). A fetish night, can be risky depending on RSM and the rest, but definetly worthwhile.

b). Another option could be a Northern Soul Night, everyone likes the music, the food can be themed as well, you can project Quadrophenia onto the wall all night, lots of fancy dress options and then just party.

This the sort of thing your after?
  6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Indian Mutiny night often works quite well, especially if your Regiment/Corps were there.
  7. Hey Sir Bobby

How about Fancy dress!!!!!!!!!!! or have we been there already??? :x

8. I organised a Caribbean Night for a Summer Ball once in Germany, steel drums, calypso band, wierd cocktails, hawaii shorts and shirts, great fun went down a treat.

Even the RSM and CO loved it, relaxed, lots of music, good food, got socially confused quickly (those cocktails) a bloody good laugh
  9. Medievil/Viking night. Went to one a few years back - best summer ball i've ever been to!

Dress the RSM as Olaf the Bigfoot and CO as a jester. It will start the night off.

Also you can create mayhem, throw half eaten food around and pester the serving wenches, all as part of your character of course.

Civi company set the thing up with wooden benches, tankards and all the trimmings. Last thing I remember was trying to do a Viking horn yard of lager sometime in the morning! Bit blurry for about 2 days after.
  10. What about 'when I grow up I want to be....' it means that people can put as much or as little effort in as they want to fancy dress.
  11. surf machines are reasonably cheap to hire too.
  12. Depends on where you're staging the function and the weather of course but how about a Beach Party theme??
    Is a piece of piss to organise...PM me for any details if you wish the way you were great when you won the world cup!!
  13. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

If you are willing to gamble on the weather a fairground theme is tops I know a WO1/capt who earned is spurs on them, and to be honest they were top nights.

Good on yer Brum
  14. Try A 'Toga' party,did one many moons ago when Mess Pres and it went down a storm.Do Mess out in Rome style,all wear togas and let it all roll.We had to bribe the lads who volunteered to wait -on with more E.D pay to dress up as slave attendants but it was well worth it and it did not cost a fortune to anyone in costume etc,worth a thought!!
    Plus watch the decadence come out from even the most dour members as the night gets on!!
  15. Gay bikers Night!!