Summer Ball Band

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by sc_obvious, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in the middle of sorting a band for the summer ball (I know, I know - a little late in the day) and have been speaking to an entertainment company. They are recommending a band called Crackin - great feedback etc etc but if that is the case - why are they not booked already ?

So, has anyone had them at a mess function before and if so, what did you think. I have tried googling them however it just throws up a load of links to lazy people leaving the 'g' off cracking.

They are expensive so I don't want to shell out a fortune if they are W@nk.

Thanks

2. msr

msr LE

Tell them to post you CD of their music...

3. My brother in law is a member of a Rock and Roll,jive,Rockabilly type band,have done alot of mess gigs etc.Try www.markkeeley.com you never know. :D

4. TryThe Tracy Boys.

There will be dancing and nostalgia may break out but they are a good party band. "Tracy Tracy" has substantial bazookas too! Her old man is an ex-Royal though so be careful!

Their shtick is they play for charity and I imagine if you asked them to make H4H their charity of the night, then they probably would do.

5. Thanks for the pointers so far.

6. I offer you (all) a simple bit of advice based on being a mess member in the Regulars and TA since May 1981 - never, never book entertainment for a major function without going and seeing them yourself!!!! Agents and their like will tell you whatever you want to hear - which is no excuse if it all goes "pete tong" and you have a sh*t night! Also, find your entertainment locally, to save having to faff about with accomodation, feeding etc.