Sultan Qaboos Dies

Good to hear that Boris and the Secretary of State for Defence have flown out to attend his funeral today. An appropriate mark of respect to a genuine ally to our country.

Robme

LE
There appears to be no reason why Oman should cut its throat and remove the Brits, who still make up a large proportion of his officers and general staff. Or revert to one of those dick-head moooooslim states and if those same nutters now thought it a good time to replace the new Sultan with a fanatic. Then I’m sure those of us who served in Opp Storm would more than willingly take up arms and ambitions? The previous Sultan had made great improvements including introducing Tourism (Postthe 69-75 war). Prior there was fook all reason to visit the place. Now it’s totally in tune with the tourist needs. The country is well respected, the people are happy, the Arab Spring passed them by with a few demonstrations. Like I said no reason to change anything, just maybe keep the Iranians at bay?

Then I’m sure those of us who served in Opp Storm would more than willingly take up arms and ambitions?
Right. So you can't even get up your stairs at home without a lift and yet you are going to head off to stage an armed coup.

I believe that comes under the title of 'Billy Big Timer'.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Right. So you can't even get up your stairs at home without a lift and yet you are going to head off to stage an armed coup.

Careful, you're messing with a sultan's squeeze.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
[CYNICAL] . . . and ensure that the new regime remembers it's friend and ally [/CYNICAL]

Perhaps I'm naive, but do politics and respect need to be mutually exclusive?

"Op Stanna"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I thought that was S/Sgt Sam?
Not according to his now deleted post claiming to know the ins and outs of Qaboos' bedchamber.
Bezzers they were.

Maybe those three letters he's hardly mentioned, at all, ever, nearly, stand for slurping a sultan ?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Not according to his now deleted post claiming to know the ins and outs of Qaboos' bedchamber.
Bezzers they were.

Maybe those three letters he's hardly mentioned, at all, ever, nearly, stand for slurping a sultan ?

Oh, you mean second at sucking, sidelined and sad?

Bezzers they were.

Surely one should gently massage the said potentate with one's mouth and lips, mimicking a velvet touch?

Slurping sounds altogether far to vulgar!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Surely one should gently massage the said potentate with one's mouth and lips, mimicking a velvet touch?

All this prurient gossip could have been avoided if he'd had a date with a sultana.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

I bow, with a cautious rearward glance, to your superior knowledge.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
All this prurient gossip could have been avoided if he'd had a date with a sultana.
You're suggesting back door action again ?

I was wondering why anyone would claim to have served in something called "Opp Storm", unless they were Croatian and served in Operacija Oluja 1995?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
You're suggesting back door action again ?
No siree, I'm merely suggesting an elegant solution. (And wondering how silly a current affairs thread can become before a sleeping mod's hammer twitches into action).

I was wondering why anyone would claim to have served in something called "Opp Storm", unless they were Croatian and served in Operacija Oluja 1995?
Spilt Lucozade down his p key rendering it somewhat sticky?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
No siree, I'm merely suggesting an elegant solution. (And wondering how silly a current affairs thread can become before a sleeping mod's hammer twitches into action).

Spilt Lucozade down his p key rendering it somewhat sticky?
Partial explanation, but what was his Op Storm? I can't imagine "those of us who served in Opp Storm" calling it that if they mean Op Granby/Desert Storm. Off topic, apologies. ;)

Last edited:

Latest Threads