Sultan of Oman Armed Forces

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
....and if you 'hover' over their picture or letter with your cursor on your device it'll bring up more details about them - when they last posted etc.... Its a bit confusing to begin with. Welcome to the site btw.^_^

....and if you 'hover' over their picture or letter with your cursor on your device it'll bring up more details about them - when they last posted etc.... Its a bit confusing to begin with. Welcome to the site btw.^_^
Still learning how this forum and the Tapatalk App work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Still learning how this forum and the Tapatalk App work.

Takes a while, I still find new things and I've been here ages;-) If you turn your phone sideways [into landscape] a different set of titles appear at the top of the page. 'Gallery' appears then....

Takes a while, I still find new things and I've been here ages;-) If you turn your phone sideways [into landscape] a different set of titles appear at the top of the page. 'Gallery' appears then....
I set up the album at the Gallery and put about 96 photos in it. I left the automatic pre-setting at closed until completion of the folder, thinking that I could go back and change the setting to 'open', once I'd finished putting all of the 180 plus photos into the album.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
I set up the album at the Gallery and put about 96 photos in it. I left the automatic pre-setting at closed until completion of the folder, thinking that I could go back and change the setting to 'open', once I'd finished putting all of the 180 plus photos into the album.

Cheers Sid! Going for a gander mate

The Old Man was seconded to SOAF in '60 to end of '61 (I have posted extracts from his flying memoirs of this period elsewhere on ARRSE). If there are any veterans of this period out there who recall being taxied around in Beavers, Provosts or Pioneers please PM me. He is 84 now (still compos mentis), and has regular contact with his remaining peers from the FEAF in Malaya from 33, 33/45, 45 sqn in the '50s but none from SOAF.

The Old Man was seconded to SOAF in '60 to end of '61 (I have posted extracts from his flying memoirs of this period elsewhere on ARRSE). If there are any veterans of this period out there who recall being taxied around in Beavers, Provosts or Pioneers please PM me. He is 84 now (still compos mentis), and has regular contact with his remaining peers from the FEAF in Malaya from 33, 33/45, 45 sqn in the '50s but none from SOAF.
Do you both use Facebook? Some of the guys on "The Dhofar Insurgency 2" group go way back. You could try there.

Loving all this Oman info. I spent a year there 84 - 85 when all the "fun" had ended.
Worked for Airwork Ltd at both Salalah and Thumrait (the guys with the light blue overalls). :dance:
I wish I could have stayed longer but had to come back to Blighty for family reasons.
Without a doubt the best year of my life.

Loving all this Oman info. I spent a year there 84 - 85 when all the "fun" had ended.
Worked for Airwork Ltd at both Salalah and Thumrait (the guys with the light blue overalls). :dance:
I wish I could have stayed longer but had to come back to Blighty for family reasons.
Without a doubt the best year of my life.
A Huey pilot from the US sent me this photo from his time there in ca. 82-84.