Suit for interview HELP

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Daniel00, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my 2nd interview tomorrow formal one, I only have my prom suit, its shiny gray with a white shirt and formal shoes, and a smart tie, is that okay or should I try to get something more plain?

Thanks lads
  2. bit late to go shopping for tomorrow surely? I would have thought as long as you look clean and tidy as if you have made an effort you'll bo ok. good luck
  3. Nice one mate
  4. Sound's like you will look like that scrawny runt Darren off EastEnders
  5. I know I'm not supposed to, because it's not the NAAFI, but...

Prom suit? Are you an American? Since when did British people have a Prom suit or go to a Prom (except for the Last Night of the Proms - is it a Union Flag suit?)? Is this something that has passed me by whilst I've been sleeping?
  6. You'll be fine in that suit mate. It's just as long as you look smart to see if you are taking the process seriously. Sounds like you'll look snazzy enough. :)

Good luck!
  7. Tis what the youth do these days, they have "proms" we used to have a disco to go fingering Vicky Stink.

8. My neighbour's grandkids are now into this.... fancy dresses, limos, I think it's for a school- leaving bash.

Jeez, I still can't get my head around rap.

Best of luck young' un.
  9. I've got a shiny Suit you can borrow, bound to impress all and sundry.

10. 'Suit, Track'. De rigueur in this year of competitive running and jumping, Shirley?.
  11. You'll be fine. Polish your shoes and don't mumble.
  12. Years, Legs, years. Everything's gone bloody Septic.

Daniel, your 'prom' suit'll be fine. But buy a proper one when you get the chance, those shiny ones look uniformly gash.
  13. If you feel too self conscious in your suit don't wear the jacket and buy/ borrow a sensible tie ( tescos 3 quid) to go with it.
  14. If he grows a Mullet and rolls up his sleves he can go all Miami Vice!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. As in interview with your ACA? If so, don't worry about it. They're rather friendly. And as Poppy says, long as you look clean and tidy. And SHAVEN, you'll be fine.

Don't wear it to Westbury. Staff Sergeants will shit all over you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.