Suit advice

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vampireuk, Nov 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right you bunch of cunts, unfortunately there is a wedding I have to attend early next year and I require a new suit for the damn thing. Bearing in mind I'm a miserable twat of a Yorkshireman and just as tight fisted as the legends proclaim I am relying on you chaps to find me some suitable attire. Off you go.
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've bought a couple of TM Lewin suits for work recently.

Not bad and reasonably priced.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HHH

HHH LE

You could go in your birthday suit but I suppose all the wrinkles would be hard to iron out !
  4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Actually it means that you get an off the peg look but with sleeve and trouser lengths correct.

As above, if you are begrudgingly buying it for one day only (and are a relatively standard size) then a trip to the local charity shops may turn up something that will just about do it.
  5. Go to Asda you can get a jacket and Trousers for £29.00. Ideal for todays tight fisted Gyppo cunt on the go
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I actually own an Asda suit for pissing up in. It's perfect for the work christmas party when I don't want to get sick and my secretary's minge juice on something more expensive.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Agree. Got a lovely Silver/Grey 2 piece M&S Sartorial range suit from Oxfam last week, 30 quid and as good as new. 10 quid to adjust the trousers a bit, Job Jobbed.
  8. Emporio Primarki?

Problem will be half the bloody Tykes at the wedding will go, "Snap"
  9. Do you still have a uniform of any sort?
  10. You don't sound like the sort of cove who'd appear at the nuptials sporting morning dress, in fact I'm a little surprised that your kind even get married.

However, seeing as you ask - Google is your friend!

cheap suits - Google Search

All I would caution is: watch the percentage of man-made fibres in whatever spectacular ensemble you aquire and don't stand too close to candles or anyone smoking.

The other option is to hire some schmutter for the event, or mug a well dressed tramp.
  11. I know a great place for a wedding suit, it's where I got mine. It cost £20 and the name of the shop was Hepworths in Hammersmith. Not sre if it's still there and it was in 1968, hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. New Look do a really nice light grey suit that would go really nice with a purple tie and light brown shoes never let them go shopping alone