Suicide is painless (except for the commuters)

A number of examples of shotgun suicide attempts who lived. One of them was a young tit who tried to off himself after listening to Judas Priet albums backwards. Its what the lawsuit was based on over in the US back in the 90's. The smashy faced spacker lost.

A number of examples of shotgun suicide attempts who lived. One of them was a young tit who tried to off himself after listening to Judas Priet albums backwards. Its what the lawsuit was based on over in the US back in the 90's. The smashy faced spacker lost.

"The band made a point of testifying in person at the proceedings, where they merely pointed that if they wanted to use subliminal messages in their music it would be tell the kids to buy more records."

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

"The band made a point of testifying in person at the proceedings, where they merely pointed that if they wanted to use subliminal messages in their music it would be tell the kids to buy more records."
1519065087781.png

Shotgun blast to the head, apparently. Least effective is slitting one's wrists. Most painful is setting oneself on fire.

Most lethal methods of suicide | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

Jumping in front of a train leads to a suprisingly long average time to die. Not recommended, I suppose, lengthy delays for commuters and suicidee both.
I reckon ' shotgun blast to the head' is probably ,as you said, the quickest.
But it doesn't fit that other criterion of ' not messy '.
No Siree.

'Guns ain't lawful, nooses give
Gas smells awful, you might as well live.'
Dorothy Parker.

The train method is not as effective as I thought it would be. I know of two people who jumped and survived. One was seen by their mates as they were stretchered off and they reckoned that was it but no; apart from some scarring on their legs fully functional. The other lost a hand, gained some interesting facial mods and a spot of brain damage.

I listened to someone who tried to off themselves four times as they felt they were a failure. They had a point.

One of my first shouts as a new A/Insp in N. Rhodesia was to go to an attempted suicide. The guy had had a row with his Mrs one evening, got the hump went outside to the patio taking his .22 rifle with him, put it to his head and pulled the trigger. All he did was blow a bit of his skull off, damaging a small part of his brain (the angle was all wrong, it was to the side of his head pointing upwards. If he had put it in his mouth against the roof of the mouth, it would have done it properly). Much black humoured joking in the mess later.

Wouldn't just placing your neck on a railway line and catching the last express tick all the boxes? I can't imagine anything more instant than head decapitation and driver probably won't even notice. By wrapping yourself in a sleeping bag placing a bag over your head you can even tidy up after yourself. Just a thought.

Wouldn't just placing your neck on a railway line and catching the last express tick all the boxes? I can't imagine anything more instant than head decapitation and driver probably won't even notice. By wrapping yourself in a sleeping bag placing a bag over your head you can even tidy up after yourself. Just a thought.
did you nick that from the Viz type Top Tips thread?

From experience (as the 'negotiator') I can state that having a couple of drunken 'kwit passers-by shouting "Jump you fucker" to a potential jumper a few floors up does not assist matters and leaves a nasty dent in your car roof.

Considering those organs are probably spread out over a few postcodes, might not be much use to man or beast
Bodies of jumpers used to (still do?) get impaled on the hook on the front of the train, resulting in an empty torso minus legs and innards being worn like a bonnet mascot.

And are TfL stff trained in any way to look for 'pointers' of those who are prepared to take a swan dive?
It's a bit more advanced than that now. A few years back I did some research for a rail operator on how the feeds from CCTV can be piped to Artificial Intelligence image processing machines to spot people loitering in certain fairly well-defined patterns. Most jumpers like to be alone so if you can detect them even a chat over the PA can dissuade them.

It's a bit more advanced than that now. A few years back I did some research for a rail operator on how the feeds from CCTV can be piped to Artificial Intelligence image processing machines to spot people loitering in certain fairly well-defined patterns. Most jumpers like to be alone so if you can detect them even a chat over the PA can dissuade them.
Unless they are paranoid and the voices they hear coming from the loudspeaker properly freak them out!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I can just imagine the conversation:-
PA - Er, excuse me, you in the blue parka and white converse
Jumper to be - Who said that?
PA - It's me sir, I'm watching you
JTB - WTF, go away, I'm not listening to you.
PA - We've seen where you are standing and help is on it's way
JTB - Ah, voices in my head and they are coming to get me
At this point, tube train enters platform area
JTB - Fuck this, leave me alone
SPLAT!!!!

As a youngster, one of our neighbours was the county coroner, and he was a strange piece of work. One Sunday morning the family and I were having breakfast - pancakes - when Doug invited himself in and had a seat at the table. He picked up the pancake 'flipper' and looked at it thoughtfully.

"I could have used this overnight. Mr. ......... who lives in a shanty down by the river, propped his chin on the muzzle of a 12 gauge and pulled both triggers. You wouldn't believe the mess . . . ."

At that moment I had visions of Doug doing himself that way just to shut him up.

Another of his delightful stories: He'd been out on a call and had a body in the back of his meat wagon but had to stop at home for something. His wife said she was taking the van to the store but would be right back. Having done her shopping, the bag boy assisted her loading her groceries . . . until he opened the back door and saw the 'other' cargo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scarletto The NAAFI Bar 73
W The NAAFI Bar 13
J Current Affairs, News and Analysis 15