Suicide is painless (except for the commuters)

Judge threatens woman with jail after two suicide attempts | Daily Mail Online

getting tough on mentally ill girls.... yet apparently the prisons are full to the brim and there are so many violent anti social types walking the streets who apparently no one will do anything about and we have people openly dealing drugs on the street ,because the police seem to have disappeared . {at least in my area}.

Now Iam not saying nothing should be done about her but surely it would be better getting her support even sectioning her, and sorting out this medical condition of hers that is giving her physical problems , than making threats to someone who is clearly not quite right in the head? Maybe if they had sectioned her before and sorted her out ,she wouldn't have climbed up onto another motorway bridge? Why wasn't she sectioned the first time she did this?

If the police just went around sectioning anyone who was mentally ill, that would leave a gaping hole in the Shadow Cabinet, or second thoughts perhaps you have a good idea there

Not having read the whole thread, but thought this interview with a mother who was on a train held up by a suicide was interesting, she had to hear all the remarks about selfish/thoughtless etc. not realising it was her own 14 year old son who had just killed himself.
I thought she was very brave to give the interview, not sure I could have done it if it had been my son!

Mental health as 'serious as cancer'

mental turmoil stops you sleeping - lack of sleep drives you mad!
Exactly this!! My previous relationship was a horrendous one. She was mentally and physically abusive. I ended up with depression and anxiety attacks due to it. At my lowest point I was sitting in the guardroom and considered taking one of the gats and going into the bog and putting it to my head as I genuinely thought no one would give a feck. Luckily I wasn't far gone enough to do it. As an aside, when I told her what I considered, her reply was to shrug and say "if thats what you want to do, go do it". She was and still is an utter cnut.
Anyway, I digress.....the worst of it was the mental turmoil...which led to lack of sleep...which led to more depression...which led to hitting rock bottom.
I started to get better when I took my clothes and walked out the house. So i can totally understand when suicides think they have nothing.

My buddy was ex navy. Trained up from being a chimney sweep to a gas fitter, own successful business, great relationship. Spoke to him 2 days before he hung himself. He came across as if the world was his oyster and was telling me his plans for his business.

Exactly this!! My previous relationship was a horrendous one. She was mentally and physically abusive. I ended up with depression and anxiety attacks due to it. At my lowest point I was sitting in the guardroom and considered taking one of the gats and going into the bog and putting it to my head as I genuinely thought no one would give a feck. Luckily I wasn't far gone enough to do it. As an aside, when I told her what I considered, her reply was to shrug and say "if thats what you want to do, go do it". She was and still is an utter cnut...

Your target identification is shit.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly this!! My previous relationship was a horrendous one. She was mentally and physically abusive. I ended up with depression and anxiety attacks due to it. At my lowest point I was sitting in the guardroom and considered taking one of the gats and going into the bog and putting it to my head as I genuinely thought no one would give a feck. Luckily I wasn't far gone enough to do it. As an aside, when I told her what I considered, her reply was to shrug and say "if thats what you want to do, go do it". She was and still is an utter cnut.
Anyway, I digress.....the worst of it was the mental turmoil...which led to lack of sleep...which led to more depression...which led to hitting rock bottom.
I started to get better when I took my clothes and walked out the house. So i can totally understand when suicides think they have nothing.

My buddy was ex navy. Trained up from being a chimney sweep to a gas fitter, own successful business, great relationship. Spoke to him 2 days before he hung himself. He came across as if the world was his oyster and was telling me his plans for his business.
I was always surprised to find women were like that, I guess I was brought up to believe them all as honest and decent, but I narrowly avoided going the same way as you
I met a nice girl, nice personality, well dressed good job etc, and her friend was rather keen on my best mate
due to a previous relationship that had not gone well I kept me distance a little bit ( lucky for me)
and i had a fairly busy work schedule that entailed odd hours and working away
couple of weeks into our relationship after a few evening out, the phone rings, long rambling phone call, depressed and upset, so I went round and sat with her and her mate, did a bit of cooking and cleaning not sure what else to do, til she went to bed
I wandered back home
then at work odd calls
then one evening she is on the phone, missed her period ( we had never had sex so even I knew it was not likely to be me)
then it gets worse and she is going to kill herself there and then
luckily a mate was round, I signalled to him that something was wrong and scribbled on a pad that she was suicidal, he called the ambulance and the police from the phone box outside, then came back telling me to keep her talking while they traced the call ( i was not sure if she was at the flat she shared)
kept her on the phone, and frankly it was upsetting, every thing i had done or said since we met had caused this
I felt physically sick
then my mate Chris comes back in saying its ok they have traced the call
then i hear some other noises, shouting and screaming and it goes dead
I really felt as if I had killed her
tne minutes later our phone rings, could I go to the Police station at Wimbledon
so me and my mate ride up there expecting the worse
a very kind and old school copper sits me down and brings me a cup of tea
I looked like shite apparently
then he tells me, she had not committed suicide, her and her friend were drunk and liked to play mind games, and had done this before, but never been charged ??
the operator had transcribed the call down and this was enough evidence
I made a statement, but luckily I did not need to go to court
over 40 years later, I still can not understand why a woman would do something like this
I had never offended her, was never rude or ill mannered, always paid for meals and made sure she got home ok
the perfect gentleman
if anything it made me even more wary of women
I bought another motorcycle instead
I got married quite late in life, and have never forgotten that experience

Feel for you mate. I've been out with a schizophrenic who didn't take her meds, a bi-polar and one who liked to play mind games likes yours. All three evil pieces but so sweet on the surface. I married later in life and happy too. There is so much press about evil men but the trouble women cause is so often swept under the carpet.

. There is so much press about evil men but the trouble women cause is so often swept under the carpet.
A-men to that.

My late big brother's first wife fits that bill. Butter wouldn't melt, at first glance: only with longer acquaintance did the greed, the selfishness and spite - the last above all - become apparent.

Please take this the right way, but well done to you for still being around to post that dit and hopefully life is much improved.

Please take this the right way, but well done to you for still being around to post that dit and hopefully life is much improved.
Thanks. Life couldn't be better now. I met a woman that showed me that not all women are mentalists, I'm off the happy pills and while the mental scenarios from before still go through my head now and then, I'm good enough to just shake my head and say "what the feck was I thinking??"
All three evil pieces but so sweet on the surface.
The ex was the model of sweetness and loveliness in public and around friends and family. It's only when there were no witnesses that she turned into the psycho hosebeast from hell.

Yes. My ex was a mentalist of the highest order. Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth , behind closed doors she was a fucking lunatic, spiteful, vindictive, manipulative and a bloody vegetarian to boot.

I'm now with Mrs OS, we dated in school many years ago and kind of fell together later on in life. I couldn't be happier.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
What is the most effective method of suicide? Nothing too messy, nothing too traumatic for the winner of the find the corpse game.So that rules out firearms, river bridges,railway tracks....
Hanging or drugs and alcohol I suppose?
Shotgun blast to the head, apparently. Least effective is slitting one's wrists. Most painful is setting oneself on fire.

Most lethal methods of suicide | Lost All Hope: The web's leading suicide resource

Jumping in front of a train leads to a suprisingly long average time to die. Not recommended, I suppose, lengthy delays for commuters and suicidee both.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scarletto The NAAFI Bar 73
W The NAAFI Bar 13
J Current Affairs, News and Analysis 15