Suicide bomb at bastion.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by danny842003, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have looked to see if this has been mentioned but there was a suicide bomb attack on bastions main gate. Taken from the BBC

In a separate incident, two British servicemen were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up near the entrance to Camp Bastion, the UK's main military base in Helmand province

I just thought it was worthy its own topic as Bastion is seen as being totally safe which it is most of the time. Despite at least one previous suicide bomb attack and at least a couple of IDF attacks.
    Hope this dosent turn in to a regular occurence now Bastion is such a larger target now.

quoted from this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8246514.stm

2. I feel safer in Bastion than I do out on the piss back home FFS! Have you seen the nick of some of our PB's and FOB's?!

3. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

SNIP
    Despite at least one previous suicide bomb attack and at least a couple of IDF attacks.
    SNIP

What were the Israelis doing attacking our boys in Bastion?

Seriously, one would expect the main gates to be safe...though "near them" may not be.

4. Yes i have, first hand as well.
    Like i say i just thought it was worth mentioning, as many people think bastion is complealty safe despite the fact its in a war zone.