Suicidal Mice

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Pangur_Ban, Nov 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK folks,

I need your help.

Only this morning I discovered mice in my bathroom. Most folks might expect to find them in the kitchen, but those of you who know me will realise that soap tastes much better than anything in my fridge/cupboards.

So I asked for advice on how to get rid of the squeakers and have been given the following websites ........

I am not entirely sure how the last one works but Lippy assures me that the mice will disappear very quickly.

Anyway - I reckon that these humane options are possibilities, but in the event that they fail I would like some alternatives.

Can anyone help?
  2. They are green mice by the way.... :wink:
    And you eat them, raw or cooked.
  3. I suggested warfarin...

p.s. Lippy's right, we saw green mice!
  4. Why oh why do you want a humane trap?

Catch mouse -> release mouse -> mouse moves right back in.

Kill the little fcukers outright with a proper trap. Glue razors to the spring arm for even more fun.
  5. LIPPY!

How many times do I have to tell you they were NOT green! For one thing they didn't try and eat the cake I made, only my sponge and cotton buds.

Now behave!

ps - 12 Bore tempting but any volunteers - I would be sure to miss if past APWCs anything to go by.

6. SEE!
  7. OK - let's say for the sake of argument that they WERE green.............

Whatever colour they are I would like to get rid of them. I have now convinced myself that I shall be sharing a duvet with a whole nest of them tonight, hence I am still awake after 2100hrs and now sucking my thumb. Yes, just my thumb.

Let's assume that humane doesnt work, and that my aim aint good enough for a shotgun.....what else?
  8. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I too have had a mouse infestation of late and like yourself toyed with the humane option ..... until they ate the plastic downpipe from my sink (no duff!). It was a right pain to fix as well so it was no more Mr Nice Guy! I got some poison from B&Q and 4 days later - not a squeak.

9. Just a thought, if your not sure of yur marksmanship?

500 RPM of .50,, you're bound to hit something :)
  10. Molotov cocktail...never fails.

Put some sugar, fairy liquid or mothballs in the bottle too; helps it stick to the fur.
  11. chocolate! at least they die happy and fat......little b'stards dont go for cheese anymore...nice lttle trap snaps their spine no probs!!!

Signs ...........lots of signs in different languages, Mouse is best to start of with, then Albanian Mouse, English Mouse, then Pidgeon the wee feckers a chance. Signs must say (in order to comply with legislation) "Springy Traps Baited with Chocolate to Kill you Mice B'Stards"

Mini mice minefields; cunningly conceal improved bangers under the carpet (or lino)

Its obvious in'nit 8)
  12. Wait for the smell when they go off behind your cupboards BCO. Poison good but they can mess u up by dying in incovenient platz.

Borrow a really hungry cat.
  13. Not sure how true but apparently mice cannot burp or pour some fizzy drink in a small saucer and they will bloat up til they explode?!! :twisted:
  14. IMHO Peanut butter works best on the traps, sticks like the proverbial, dont forget to file down the end of the release lever for a hair-trigger effect that way you get some neck snapping action even if the little cnuts fart near the bait. :twisted: