Suharto Dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DozyBint, Jan 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC:

Ah yes, those little mistakes, such as mass slaughter, malfeasance and tyrany. :roll:
  2. An absoulute corrupt and evil man.He and his family bilked billions of dollars out of the Indonesian economy during his time as president.This money has never been returned to the people and is probably sitting in some overseas bank account.

One of his sons,Tommy has been implicated in corruption allegations,as other members of his family.
  3. So this won't become an RIP thread then?
  4. Nope, just a BIH one instead. Long overdue and extraordinarily well deserved.
  5. Well, we forgave them in Tony. Twice.

Suharto was a nasty piece of work and the world a cleaner place for his passing. I can take his name off the passenger list of my personal bus to death and free up another place for Pete Doherty, just to make sure he gets a seat.
  6. Well those who ever voted for the vanker, maybe. I've always despised him!
  7. I think that Estrada, Philippines, was the only high ranking politician in the Far East ever to be tried and convicted of a serious crime (Plunder I Think) but then he was Pardon within months.
    Absolute blatant abuse of Laws in this part of the world is not seen by the political elite as a 'Crime' just as the sole justification for entering Politics.
    With the rise off Professional Politicians in UK (Folk who never made a real living in the workplace) it does sem to this outsider that it is now becoming the Brit/Euro way.
    How long before Hain picks up one of the high paying, megga expenses & super pension jobs in Euro sh1tland.
  8. I don't like speaking ill of the dead, but the world will be a better place without him.
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I just wish he'd held on for a few more days. Our Dead Pool prediction League starts on 1st February, and he was in my team!
  10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Weren't Madam Mao and the rest of the Gang of Four sent down?
  11. Li Shumeng was sent down for trying to organise a coup, not for corruption although she was almost certainly guilty of that. She argued she was carrying out hubby's orders (a Chinese wife obeying her husband? I can only wish... :D ), defending herself with the quote, "I was Chairman Mao's dog. Whomever he asked me to bite, I bit".

Most arrests for corruption in the Far East can be put down more to political infighting than justice, though. Chen Liangyu got away with it for years until the power balance shifted in Beijing. Similar things happen at all levels in Japan, Taiwan and ROK all the time.
  12. Heh. You Only Live Twice.