Suggestions for supper?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Litotes, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have checked the 'fridge and found salmon steaks, broccoli and new potatoes.

That was going to be supper but I now have my doubts...

Any suggestions?

2. Takeaway, is the way forward. I would have recomended a Pizza, from Mr pizza but I don't manage that business anymore.

Donna with extra fat, is the way to go. "You no it makes sense".

I'm, aparently an electrical engineer these days, so no vested interest. Cough, kick back you choggy buggers.
  3. I suggest re-enacting the banquit scene from The Hour Of The Pig and serve the food on a naked wench.
  4. Salmon and Broccoli potato cakes? Do you have any spices banging around Lits?
  5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Pan seared Salmon with butter, herb and breadcrumb crust, steamed brocolli with potato rostis.

A nice white sauce with a dash of lemon and dill to accompany served with a nice crisp Semillion or Vigionier.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

7. Yes. Two suggestions.

1. Store the potatoes in a sandbag in a cool dark place. Strange things happen to potatoes in the fridge.

2. Buy some groceries. Most places will deliver these days if you really can't face supermarket shopping. If that's all you've got in the fridge..... :roll:
  8. Batter the salmon and have "Posh fish and chips" - warning- the chip will be fecking tiny!
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nah,cut the spuds into wedges,toss in oil & sprinkle wilth cracked black pepper & slam in the oven for 30-45min on 200degrees.
  10. You must have some cheese somewhere. Mozzarella is best for this recipe.

With a sharp knife, stab into the centre of the thickness of the salmon steak to create a pocket. Fill with Mozzarella.

Place salmon in a pop-up toaster WITH THE SLIT TO THE TOP! (Otherwise you'll have to buy another toaster). Toast on the same setting that you'd use for medium-brown toast.

Quick and easy Salmon-ella - and no washing up!

NOTE: Don't let the wife catch you doing this or there'll be all hell to pay.
  11. Not much chance of that, Puttees!

12. Thank you for all the suggestions. I forgot to allow the salmon to thaw and ended up drinking 3 cans of Stella, or was it 5? I forget.....

So, it was salmon, potatoes and brocolli tonight; at least that was the plan. Oh well, perhaps tomorrow night, hic.

Lits hic :D