Suggestion: ARRSE cartoon sticky or blog

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BuggerAll, Mar 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was listening to Desert Island Discs today in the car. The subject was Stanley McMurty, long time cartoonist at the Daily Mail.

He mentioned a cartoon he drew many moons ago with 2 panels. In panel 1 there was Bobby Sands starving himself to death surrounded by priests and politicos wringing their hands, in the other panel there was a British Soldier missing his arms and a leg saying that nobody cared about the pounds he had lost.

This got me to thinking that there should be an ARRSE sticky thread for Cartoons. Either lifted from else where or drawn by ARRSErs with more talent than me.

I shall try my hand at drawing and see what I can come up with.

Well that's my idea up the flagpole: now to see if anyone salutes it...

2. It's a great idea Bugger All, Cartoons and pictures connected with British Squaddies...

I have a few I can start you off with that I have had commissioned myself for a couple of Websites...

Nice One!

8)

3. This would be the one, Mr WW has a copy on his office wall.
    Lynn

Attached Files:

4. oops ! I hate using his comp.

5. BuggerAll

You're using God's 'puter. I didn't think he existed let alone is IT literate.

Good drills on finding that cartoon! Apparently it was controversial at the time - doesn't look controversial to me.

6. BuggerAll

I've just re-read your post - I assume you are Mrs WW using Mr WW's 'puter and account. Thanks for posting it.

7. bloody great idea, bet there are loads of them about. remember seeing loads when I was in the TA.

At the risk of sounding like a window licker, how do you put a picture directly into a post rather than a link? Its just I have found a pic that goes really well with BuggerAll's post above.

stab

8. You can place the url to the image within the IMG tag like this:

Code:
     [img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]

9. Here's one classic cartoon by Philip Zec, Daily Mirror, VE-Day, 8th May 1945:

[​IMG]

10. Cheers mate

[​IMG]

11. BuggerAll, yes its Mrs WW, it was easy to find the cartoon , its on his wall.
    The old sporran say's he likes the idea of a military related thread,MOD's ??.
    I will now copy and paste todays new threads in to his daily "bluey", otherwise he gets home sick poor lamb.

Lynn