Suggesting women might want sex with a man in uniform now a sacking offence

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OllieReeder, Nov 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Breaking news is that the Met Police have sacked a chief inspector for misconduct. His offence, apparently, was advertising his availability on dating websites for women who might fancy shagging a chap in uniform.

If this is now to be a sacking offence, I can think of quite a few who are now going to have re-evaluate their approach to courting...

(Best bit - if a) I heard the Sky report accurately, and b) they actually had the facts anywhere near correct, was that he was initially arrested. Plod self-policing standards at their best: shoot dead an innocent man, don't get arrested even for PACE questioning, but suggest Miss might like a bit of How's Your Father with a chap with a large blue helmet...)
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Back in a mo', just got a couple of Faceache notices to amend.....
  3. Honestly... I mentioned above that I heard it on Sky as breaking news. So no link.

But, just or you, have now found it on the Standard website. That seems to be more focused on him supposedly boasting to have taken drugs. But let's not allow the facts to get in the way of a good story.

Met chief inspector axed after dating website drugs boast | News

EDIT - and in the time it took me to add that, beaten to the punch :)
  4. Perhaps it was for misuse of Police issue equiptment, especially if he was offering to handcuff them & shag 'em with his truncheon!
  5. "The 46-year-old chief inspector was also said to have trawled the internet looking for women who wanted sex with a man in a uniform."

Coorect me if I am wrong but isn't there a dating site advertised on TV called uniform dating .com ?

And have we not seen uniforms worn at gay pride parades by SERVING people in the past couple of years ?

Or are there seperate rules for gay folk in uniform ?

Obviously the drugs bit was a tad dumb but otherwise I don't see the issue !
  6. He will sue for wrongful dismissal -

and be awarded £200,000 compo with reinstatement and promotion - just like that Iranian fella did.
  7. Be fair this is no way related to a gay pride event.

I'm afraid it's time big brother and political correctness. Fucked off.
  8. I dont think the dating site was the main issue. I would imagine a plod boasting about drug use and committing sexual offences was the real problem. Or is it just me that expects plod to obey the law.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Come on we're all human give the poor cunt a break.
  10. You're exactly right!

It has bugger all to do with going on a website and everything to do with illegal activity.

Still, mustn't spoil a good outrage thread with the truth, must we?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Are you sure?
  12. No I'm not but I was trying to sound confident and hope it worked.
  13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Indeed. I've seen serving people in uniform at weddings, funerals and at war memorials. Doesn't mean they were gagging for it at the time (well, maybe just at the weddings).