Suggested Policies For The Next Government..........

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Travis_Bickle, Feb 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now that the voting season is upon us (I was stopped in the street by two clipboard muggers pushing their party line on Saturday) I thought that I'd ask the learned members of Arrse what sensible policies would they like to see brought in by the next government.

It's not about the politics behind the party but what they should bring in during the first 12 to 18 months.

I'll start the ball rolling with a bit of welfare reform......

Ammendment of Child Benefit Rules.
    1. Full entitilement to Child Benefit for the first child under the age of 18 years old.
    2. Half rate of entitlement for the second child under the age of 18 years old.
    3. Zero for any subsequent children.
    The general gist of this is that if you want more than two kids then you pay for them yourselves, rather than expecting the taxpayer to pay you to bring them up.

Incentive for two parent families and support of marriage.
    1. Pay flat rate benefits to individuals (1 person get £XX per month, 2 people get twice that amount). No penalty for people that live together by reducing their combined benefits to two thirds of joint allowance).
    2. Income Tax incentives for married/civil partnership households to make the idea of marriage and co-habitation more attractive to income tax payers than at present. The reward is there for people to work and also to form traditional family groups while not penalising those that choose to live the single life.

I've got plenty more but I thought that they'd do for now.

Over to you..........
  2. 1. Extradition of all members of Cabinet who made the decision to invade Iraq in 2003 to the Hague for trial

2. Increased funding for MoD to be spent on service personnel and equipment - NOT on the civil service

3. Scrap TRIDENT

4. Maximum of three months benefits in any five-year period. Encourages retention of jobs by the employed, encourages people who are unemployed to get off their butts and find a job

5. Closure of all places of worship of all religions. Don't like it? Leave and go someplace where you can have your freedom to worship an imaginary friend. Alternatively, create one place of worship for each town which is enclosed in colourless perspex - meaning that the majority agnostic community can poke fun at those worshipping.

...ahh, that felt better.
  3. that all party manifesto's are legally binding instead of all the false promises until whoever gets into power then they renague on just about everything and give excuses for why they can't do as they promised.
  4. "That the people shall have arms for their defence" (Oh that's already law....)
    "No fines without due process" (Oh that's already law too)
    "Votes in parliament to be free and fair" (oh that's already law)

err..... how about just implementing the law?
  5. A return to running this country under the terms of the Bill of Rights and Magna Carta.

Only one new law. Make dishonesty in public office punishable by penal servitude, for a long time.
  6. My twopence worth:

Pull out of Europe, so that the country can regain the right to govern itself. (A useful by-product would be withdrawal from the ECHR.)
    Slash Government interference in everday life (ie, get out of the way and give us the chance to run our own lives).
    Slash Government spending and reduce taxes.

It'll never happen.
  7. 1. Impose set parliamentary term limits.
    2. Drastically reduce the amount of money the government spends on advertising.
    3. Abolish Inheritance Tax. In my opinion, it is immoral to tax a person for the duration of their life and then continue to demand payment from them when they die.
    4. Hold a referendum to determine whether or not the United Kingdom should remain a member of the European Union.
    5. Scrap the licence fee and introduce a subscription fee for those who wish to continue to receive BBC TV programmes. This would be based on the HBO network model in the US.
    6. Reduce the amount of tax levied on fuel.
  8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Scrap the Identity Card Scheme, the NHS IT Scheme, and any other major IT project which was suggested by McKinsey, EDS, Price Waterhouse, or any of those other consultants which then make money out of their suggestions.
  9. Immediate "forced if required" removal of all illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers.

Scrapping of ASBO's, to be replaced with either public birching or prison.

Total overhaul of the benefit system, its been too easy to not bother working in this country for too long.

The instant removal of the 10000 or so new laws and practices Labour forced upon us.

No more free NHS treatment for people who have never contributed towards it.
    And also obese people will have to pay for the "special" care they need.

Withdrawl of all British forces from countries the Americans want our help with, all to be based in the UK to wipe out the Chav culture, and secure the UK borders :)

A ban on ugly butch lesbians
  10. To stop stupid people like Sir Mota Singh QC coming out with stupid statements saying people can carry ceremonial daggers to school
  11. A proper, full reassessment of all people currently claiming benefits as to wether they really can work or wether they spend all day sat on their arrses because of some massively exaggerated medical condition!

And yes, I do know one of these who is receiving more in benefits per week than my wife and I's combined income. :x
  12. How about, "Don't bother having 'policies'. Just do stuff. And get it right."?
  13. Remove the right to vote for all those of working age who have not paid income tax within the last 12 months. No representation without taxation. If they're not paying into the pot they don't get a say in how it is spent. It would also make it easier for the Government to adjust the benefit system as they wont be p1ssing off 6 million voters.
  14. Introduce a school leaving certificate which all youngsters must pass before they can leave school and claim any benefits. Certificate can be academic or professional skills such as carpentry, metalwork, typing, IT etc but must include basic english and maths.

Have a flat tax system combined with a much higher basic personal allowance. This will ensure it is better to work even at the minimum wage than claim benefits. All benefits to be slashed and capped to ensure no-one can earn more in benefits than someone who is in full time employment at the minimum wage.

Publish the tax returns of the top 1,000 earners as well as for all politicians (past and present) and anyone employed in senior government paid appointments (including BBC, NHS, QUANGOs ets. Idea is to name and shame those rich and famous who lecture the little people about social responsibility whilst hiding their own income away through various scams. Reward the highest tax payers with peerages, knighthoods and the like.
  15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Stop the likes of Lord Rothermere, Philip Green, Rupert Murdoch and many others using the roads, trains, airports, etc., until they pay tax at the same level as PAYE people, rather than hiding their money abroad, yet expecting everything here to work!

Oh, and confiscate that house Shirley Porter bought in London, in lieu of the fines she STILL hasn't paid!