suggested Osprey configurations

okay, so, im looking for some suggested pouch configurations for my osprey armour cover and my osprey vest.

just generally wondering what pouch placements peeps have found useful in the past

the pouches ive got:

5 x Utility (STD)
2 x Utility (Small)
1 x Water Bottle
4 x Ammo
1 x Quad UGL
4 x 40mm Grenade
2 x AP Grenade
1 x Medic
1 x Helmet Bag / Smoke
1 x Knife / Torch

all pouches are issue, none are aftermarket

I found leaving the vest in its bag was the best option!

I think a little more info may help, for instance are you dismounted inf, Armoured veh crew, CLP driver/ cmdr, bastion desk polisher, journo?
Personally I had a twin mag pouch on the lower left, admin pouch on the chest and small utility pouch on the lower right. But I was in a warrior cupola, so I didnt have to carry much!

The osprey vest is fucking dogshit. The best configuration I can think of is it littered across the inside of a skip. That's where most of my blokes ended up.

I did collect them all and make a little fortune on ebay though.

I wouldn't right off the vest just yet. I used it this year as the velcro on my Osprey was f*****d and would not stay closed with pouches attached.

The other advantage is that you can take your kit off but still keep the armour on just in case anything exciting happens.

Try it yourself, you won't need all the pouches unless you are going airsofting.

S

swampmonster

I did rather prefer my PLCE belt kit (not the full thing,no shovel and another water bottle pouch) worn under the Osprey..you put all that crap on your armour you get prone your about 2 foot off the deck ! :)

go to kitmonster.co.uk and buy a under armour belt kit and yoke. you can then use the osprey pouches or any other molle type ones on a belt kit and the yoke is designed to be worn under body armour unlike the plce one. thats what i've just rolled with on my last tour. great bit of kit.

Jungelism said:
THEY_STOOD_IN_THE_DOOR said:
go to kitmonster.co.uk and buy a under armour belt kit and yoke. you can then use the osprey pouches or any other molle type ones on a belt kit and the yoke is designed to be worn under body armour unlike the plce one. thats what i've just rolled with on my last tour. great bit of kit.
Easy now, he's already said that he's not even in yet :D

roger airborne

Latest Threads