Sugar and spice, and all things Class A.

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. if it "kills 35 million deaths" then its a lifesaver.... we should all be mainlining it !!!!!
  2. Would be interesting to see how it would be done, could you be charged in possession of a Danish Pastry, what about donoughts coppers will be well screwed.
  3. Thats the whole problem with drugs and so on - everything can kill you. Pure oxygen can, in the right circumstances, result in death, even normal air can, organic vegan food can still make you fat if you eat too much of it. Most homeopathic remedies are, in fact, poisons, just very diluted down.

And in any case, I thought we were worried about the future pension burden of an increasingly old population. We should be encouraging people to die younger!
  4. The Mail staff are still rummaging through the waste bins of American newsrooms I see.

"Sugar 'is toxic and must be regulated just like cigarettes" i.e. not regulated at all, just taxed to **** whilst users are forced to stand outside!

None story, the stuff the mail thrives on!
  5. I remember reading about a couple of experts who believed that refined sugar was effectively a metabolic poison and another article about people being removing sugar and caffeine from their diets to control serious psychological issues like bipolar disorder without the use of drugs. I don't eat the shit myself, so can't really comment.
  6. Bet you do. Unless you are some sort of yoghurt knitting Gaia worshipping mega Vegan you will be ingesting the stuff in any amount of stuff.

Of course if you are a YKGWMV then maybe not.
  7. the things to watch out for are "low fat" options normally these are laced with sugar to enhance the taste lost by taking out the fat. It is quite easy to significantly cut down on processed sugar, avoiding processed foods is the main one.
  8. Most homeopathic remedies are in fact bollocks.
  9. Nothing wrong with sweetmeats :)
  10. There's no fuckin way I'm gonna allow myself to be killed to death. I'm never gonna touch the stuff again!

Thank you Daily Nail.
  11. More than likely, there's some form of sugar in practically everything (even sausages, FFS). I try to avoid the refined rubbish though, whether it be in baked goods, soft drinks or your morning cuppa.
  12. Willy Wonka will be turning in his grave.
  13. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

See plenty of miserable folk whose pain is caused primarily by their sugar intake
  14. Very ******* fast, what with all that Charlie in the chocolate factory!