Sue - Weve got the Guardian

Discussion in 'Campaigns' started by PartTimePongo, Jul 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sue,

We're getting the Guardian for Wednesday - Audrey should be phoning you in a minute.

Tony

2. Is there any female journalist of note on a quality paper you're not on intimate terms with PTP?

It's the public schoolboy charm :D

3. And I thought it was the caveman club... :roll: :D

4. I think I've been to the Caveman Club.

Is that the one that used to be the Dome in Brum?

5. Women like a man who can say the F-word with my accent. It makes them come over all 'unnecesssary' :D

Still working on others, trying to get it pitched at Wednesday morning.

PVR'd , who's the big contact we have on the Hootsmon , is it Ian Bruce?

6. Sun and The Mirror now doorstepping Grays Lane, and being hot briefed by me.

Trying to get GMTV and BBC News for Wednesday morning.

You poor bastiiges :D

7. nice work ptp

8. As I said to Tony a few moments ago, I will take Sue wherever she needs to go on Wednesday and get her to Dorking for the council meeting - all I need to know is where we need to be for what times...

9. Ok, Mirror should have finished talking to Sue by now.

Vicki says "Oi Fluffy , that Amex donation to paypal was from me"

So good egg her.

Sue, Vicki wants to get you for a feature on Wednesday.

10. DEEPEST JOY!!!

Good work that man.

11. Telegraph will run another piece on Wednesday , depending on decision, they are interested in a Thursday morning editorial piece as well.

Editor responsible will be calling Sue again.

Telegraph concerned that Mirror will offer large sums of folding for an exclusive feature. I told them "Good luck with that, she's an Army wife and liable to tell them to ram it" :D

12. Well, sent the site link to the original story's comments page at the Mail the day the site went up, and they didn't post it. Get the feeling they might be spitting by now? :lol:

13. Hi all, sorry for the lack of comms on the arrse front, altho my mate Ally has been keeping me up to date - bless her!

Am now in deepest darkest Essex....no inappropriate comments plis i am an essex gal!!!!!!!!

Today have spoken to:
    Mirror
    got the impression they're running it on weds and wanted me to send some digi photos of Pete n boys at SOH/HC, so will have a rummage tonight, however they didn't send an email address, so, can't do much else on that front
    Guardian
    Also seem to be running with this on Weds
    Telegraph (quite a few times) - and Heathcliff O'Mally their photographer managed to find me to take some pix of me n the boys - that'll be intrestin 8) Audrey said it was going to be run tmrw.......so I'd best go and buy one!

That's all at the mo, nothing else has made it to me - altho have to say that's pretty impressive as a start, was in Maldon along the estuary with the boys, grannie n grandad fending off the phone whilst jugglin children n icecreams, impeccable timings!!!! :roll:
    Soooooo impressed about the petition, Ally keeps txting me update - if she ever gets logd onto this, I would most deff put her name fwd for a campaign medal :cheers:

ps fyi no-one offered anything i.e large amounts of wonga :twisted:

14. Sue, check PM's re. the Mirror

15. I sent some stuff on BAFF to the Glasgow Herald 18 months ago, who ran a story - it was FoI response on MoD union/federation policy. I don't have the email address, but it was Ian Bruce at the Herald.

It was probably Douglas/Hackle who was in comms with the Scotsman.