Sudden outbreak of common sense?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by troopie, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would seem that there has been a sudden outbreak of common sense across the country today:

Man tries to claim £300,000 after falling over. Judge rules against him, saying, "In my judgment it is one of those accidents that could happen to any one of us."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7292657.stm
    ___

Councillor tries to get free parking because she doesn't want to walk too far in high heels, and complains when she is told to pay up like everyone else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7291583.stm
    ___

A 'pathological gambler' tries to sue a bookie after losing millions, wins part of the case but doesn't get the money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wear/7291597.stm
    ___

Are these isolated incidents? Are there any more cases of common sense triumphing over the H&S/PC/liberal brigade usually so vocal in the UK?

2. Never fear,by this time tomorrow there will be plenty of tales of dogsh1t for brains pc loons for the outrage bandwagon crowd to monk about.It is going to take years,if ever,for the evil done to this land to be reversed.Now back to my joy division records.

3. Have these cases gone to appeal yet, though?

There's plenty of scope for decision reversal, especially if you take it to the European Court.

4. True, but at least it's a start.

5. If these cnuts can sue because they suffered depression as well as there injuries, can we not sue them for depressing us for dragging down the fabric of society?

6. Why was the chap who claimed to have slipped on a grape wearing sandals? Surely he should have been wearing protective footware if he was wheeling a trolley. Can't M&S counter-sue him for personal negligence?

7. I have got a pain in my head from reading these postings.
    Who can I sue? :?

8. Why was the fat b1tch councillor wearing high heals; full stop.

9. "Man tries to claim £300,000 after falling over. Judge rules against him, saying, "In my judgment it is one of those accidents that could happen to any one of us."

Mr Martin-Sklan has to pay around £15,000 towards Marks and Spencer's costs and given 28 days to pay an interim sum of £7,500.

Very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

"Councillor tries to get free parking because she doesn't want to walk too far in high heels, and complains when she is told to pay up like everyone else."

Lazy fecker, she has free parking it's a legitament expense to reclaim costs the fat fcuker nowt. If she parked and walked she might lose some weight.

10. They could sue him for a malicious law suit. That would kill this kind of thing overnight *J_U tails off as he starts dreaming*