Such a shame the closed down Rousillion Barracks

#2
Randy_McNob said:
NOT!!

Actually it is, I enjoyed it there.


Even if you did have to book out wearing a suit. :cry:
Until you got to the fields and got changed into jeans and football shirt behind the hedge. Great days.
 
#3
Big_Jim_Slade said:
Randy_McNob said:
NOT!!

Actually it is, I enjoyed it there.


Even if you did have to book out wearing a suit. :cry:
Untill you got to the fields and got changed into jeans and football shirt behind the hedge. Great days.
hahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Did you ever try getting into the 'Old house at Home' pub opposite?

I was always too scared to try :cry:
 
#4
Great days.

I wonder how many recruits got shin splints from running back after last orders in the 'Hole in the Wall' wearing brogues or dress shoes.

A fight in the Chinese followed by special fried rice.

Ah nostalgia: It's not what it was.
 
#5
Use_the_Force said:
Great days.

I wonder how many recruits got shin splints from running back after last orders in the 'Hole in the Wall' wearing brogues or dress shoes.

A fight in the Chinese followed by special fried rice.

Ah nostalgia: It's not what it was.

Staggering back up the hill towards camp after your first Saturday in Chi armed with an Ironing board, yellow dusters, matching coathangers, parade gloss and brasso whilst wearing a suit and a number 4 haircut :cry:
 
#6
Hole in the wall followed by a Ruby in the old cottage............. Then trying not to throw up on Parade in the morning :)
 
#7
Baldrick66 said:
Hole in the wall followed by a Ruby in the old cottage............. Then trying not to throw up on Parade in the morning :)
I used to like a pub right next to the train station.

But I cant for the life of me remember the name of it.........


oh well :cry:
 
#9
Use_the_Force said:
Great days.

I wonder how many recruits got shin splints from running back after last orders in the 'Hole in the Wall' wearing brogues or dress shoes.
Carrying a big bag of Chinese and chain smoking whilst at the double - I'll never forget it!
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#11
All these 'rose tinted' memories? I'd have burned the place to the ground if I could have got away with it. I hated the f*cking place. Civvies with more say than NCOs, retired officers f*cking people about and 'getting their own way' when they should have f*cked off years before, f*ckwits for RSMs, a loony for a CO, grotty accommodation. Yep...a right f*cking home from home.

The Old House was an OK pub, spoiled only by some of the permanant staff w&nkers who spent half their time grassing up course personnel to the RSM the following day.
 
#12
sunray757 said:
Use_the_Force said:
Great days.

I wonder how many recruits got shin splints from running back after last orders in the 'Hole in the Wall' wearing brogues or dress shoes.
Carrying a big bag of Chinese and chain smoking whilst at the double - I'll never forget it!
Falling asleep in your lesson :oops:
 
#13
Biscuits_AB said:
All these 'rose tinted' memories? I'd have burned the place to the ground if I could have got away with it. I hated the f*cking place. Civvies with more say than NCOs, retired officers f*cking people about and 'getting their own way' when they should have f*cked off years before, f*ckwits for RSMs, a loony for a CO, grotty accommodation. Yep...a right f*cking home from home.

The Old House was an OK pub, spoiled only by some of the permanant staff w&nkers who spent half their time grassing up course personnel to the RSM the following day.
Good call!

I guess looking back, the bad times are probably the most memorable though!
 
#14
well the experience stopped me wearing white socks with suits!! and slip on shoes.

I wonder if the radiator in the old sentry hut ever got swabbed for DNA? There was mor sp**k on that than in a sperm bank!
 
#15
blacknasty said:
well the experience stopped me wearing white socks with suits!! and slip on shoes.

I wonder if the radiator in the old sentry hut ever got swabbed for DNA? There was mor sp**k on that than in a sperm bank!
hahahahaha

wondered who did that!!

Booking back in after a night on the p*ss was often interesting too.....

'Permishion to 'hic' .......book in shurrr'
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#16
I'd have paid good money to have watched that retard Bacon being lifted by the Old Bill. Such a shame that he didn't 'push his PULHEEMS' that morning.
 
#17
Biscuits_AB said:
I'd have paid good money to have watched that retard Bacon being lifted by the Old Bill. Such a shame that he didn't 'push his PULHEEMS' that morning.
O Biscuits pray tell me more, if there was one man, sorry an excuse for a man, than that wnaker BACON i dont know him...I hate Bacon with a vengence, I was a CSM with him and if I saw him on fire I wouldnt pish on him, in fact I would probably throw more petrol on the barsteward, then I d run him over and then pour more gas on the arsshlicker, so please spill the beans.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#18
Nothing more than the small matter of him throwing a tantrum on a CFT and deciding to head back on his own...with rifle. A 'concerned citizen' reported an 'armed man dressed in military garb' heading towards the kaserne....cue West Sussex Armed Response.

Like I said, if only he'd made the wrong move and got slotted. The man was an embarrassment.
 
#19
I remember hearing about that one man CFT, it was some time in 2000 wasn't it?

That man was a clown, he refused to eat or drink before 1200 hrs on case he got in an accident and had to be operated on, he spoon fed himself instant coffee instead. He'd have been fcuked if he needed an operation after noon.
 

Similar threads

Top