Success stories wanted for Army campaign

Hi, apologies for using the forum to reach out, but Twofour (an award-winning TV and digital content company - www.twofour.co.uk) are currently working on an exciting new project for the Army which involves showcasing and celebrating accomplished ex-army personnel and/or current reserves.

We are looking for a range of people from different backgrounds who feel that their experiences in the forces has helped them go on to achieve success in their civilian life since leaving the force (or alongside their service as a reservist). This is for an Army recruitment campaign online, with the possibility of also featuring in print, which will consist of written case studies and photographs telling a number of diverse stories.

Perhaps you've started a business which utilises the knowledge and skills you've learnt or landed a role which greatly benefits from your experience. Maybe you've written a book or done something amazing for charity. Whatever it is, it'd be good to hear from you.

If you or someone you know might be interested in taking part, please don't hesitate to contact me with a little introduction to yourself and your story, along a photograph if possible (although by no means would this be the one used in the campaign!), at kyle.rice@twofour.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hi, apologies for using the forum to reach out, but Twofour (an award-winning TV and digital content company - www.twofour.co.uk) are currently working on an exciting new project for the Army which involves showcasing and celebrating accomplished ex-army personnel and/or current reserves.

We are looking for a range of people from different backgrounds who feel that their experiences in the forces has helped them go on to achieve success in their civilian life since leaving the force (or alongside their service as a reservist). This is for an Army recruitment campaign online, with the possibility of also featuring in print, which will consist of written case studies and photographs telling a number of diverse stories.

Perhaps you've started a business which utilises the knowledge and skills you've learnt or landed a role which greatly benefits from your experience. Maybe you've written a book or done something amazing for charity. Whatever it is, it'd be good to hear from you.

If you or someone you know might be interested in taking part, please don't hesitate to contact me with a little introduction to yourself and your story, along a photograph if possible (although by no means would this be the one used in the campaign!), at kyle.rice@twofour.co.uk.

@ACAB wrote a book.

It's not very good though, and he made a lot of it up.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not that the Army is struggling to recruit or anything.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I feel that my time in the reserves has equipped me brilliantly to not lose my temper for when I get fcuked about in my civvy job.

After 20+ years in DPM I still have all my bits, am reasonably fit, am relatively well balanced mentally apart from a dark sense of military humour, and my wife still likes me. So on the whole I'd call that a success.

Rodney2q

After 20+ years in DPM I still have all my bits, am reasonably fit, am relatively well balanced mentally apart from a dark sense of military humour, and my wife still likes me. So on the whole I'd call that a success.

Rodney2q
Success or well tuned survival skills! Perhaps the later?

RfnGeordie

Swinger
The reserves do not benefit a civilian career. Far to the contrary.

Public sector employers tolerate it, often with extra leave a a result of policy.

The private sector detest the reserves because it defers from their own agenda.

There are no success stories, if you're looking for people whose reserve service has had an adverse effect on their civilian employment, then you might be in with some luck.

The idea employers value reserve service is sabre propaganda and complete nonsense.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

If you can make it in the Army then you can make it in Civilian life. The only major hampering factor is that the Army tends to allow its people to mollycoddle especially in terms of housing which a cynic might say is a good way of improving retention. I have to say it but must not be quoted, if a CV says Mr Steve Andrews is a highly experienced and valued member of any reserve forces then that reduces their employment prospects to almost zero. Ex regs, (I have interviewed several) willing to embark upon a new career being prepared to launch themselves into another phase in their lives are worthy of investment.

steptoe

Old-Salt
I am a reservist. Just joined. I am a professional, a manager at work. The army has taught me that when Capita come a knocking to offer services to my company, to tell them to do one.

I cite the 18 months of recruitment crap I have had to endue to serve my country when it asked and begged people to do their bit. I have never felt more of just a number then through that process, and it has taught me how not to recruit people and outsourcing selection beyond and initial CV sift is just lunacy.

I work in IT too so I learned again, stay away from Capita and don't listen to their lies no matter how smooth the sales consultants.

Thank you Army...

If STABS were successful in the first place they wouldn't need a second job ;-)

mso

LE
If STABS were successful in the first place they wouldn't need a second job ;-)
Fortunately most are not stupid enough to go regular.

I believe there are one or two senior officers now on the boards of defence companies, why not go and ask them. I would say their experience in the military equipped them perfectly for a role in a defence supply company.

Sadly the reverse is seldom true

A fair few left the army and went on to be successful paralympians........

Great idea for recruitment - join the army - just to leave and get another job.

Subsunk

War Hero
Book Reviewer

Hi, just seen this thread. Putting someone through compulsory redundancy then asking them to say how well they are doing now in civvy life is a bit like throwing a brick through their front window and then demanding compensation for damage to the brick.

Latest Threads