Subzero: no SSNs available to the RN

P2000

LE
It's the Sun, so usual health warnings apply:

UK's entire fleet of attack submarines is out of action and the PM doesn't know

THE Royal Navy’s entire fleet of attack submarines is currently out of action.

Repairs and maintenance to all seven have left none to defend our waters — or monitor Russia’s relentless probes.

Thoughts:

1) This is what happens when the argument that capability offsets numbers is taken too far

2) The extent of leaking ahead of the next planning round suggests it's pretty desperate

3) "The PM doesn't know about this" angle is odd. Unless this is from the top of MOD and it's directed at HMT.

Anyway, unsurprising when you have 3 new boats being worked hard; and 4 boats at the end of 30-year long careers.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope whoever leaked it did so anonymously and with no traceability. Murdoch's mob have form for giving up sources

P2000

LE
As I said in the OP, it's in the Sun and gene a health warning.

It's the story of how it has got into the Sun that's interesting. And why.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Is it true or isn't it?
There's a general rule that MOD don't comment on submarine ops and I have a vague feeling that sub movements are more than unclassified, so them that know won't tell. It needs someone to go and count boats in Devonport and Faslane. Wouldn't be hard.

An obvious indicator would be the glut of sailors with nothing to do. I know of two in the service and they are currently not around. So I suspect the Sun is:

1. Gullible

2. Exaggerating for the gullible

3. Sensationalising

Seadog

ADC
And a Whitehall source, said: “No one is being honest about the scandal.”

'A source' is journalese for 'my arrse'.

I can check down the back of my pit if they want - I don't think there's any SMs there (but there might be some long black things...).

jim30

LE
Remember the day the sun wrote an article which said 'britain has no navy', and it turned out that we had about 40 ships at sea that day?

The sun relies on stories brought about by people going to it with the latest mess deck buzz in a way that can be sensationalised and turned into an easy to understand story. Truth doesnt always come into it...

Seadog

ADC
An obvious indicator would be the glut of sailors with nothing to do. I know of two in the service and they are currently not around. So I suspect the Sun is:

1. Gullible

2. Exaggerating for the gullible

3. Sensationalising

You know 2 sailors and think that their not being around is indicative of something/anything? WTF?

I 'know' hundreds and most of them have all fcuked off on weekend, already. Bastards.

Latest Threads