Any clue on if you get a discount with your MOD90 or Defence Discount Service card?

Only available if you fast rope in and lob a flashbang through the door as you brass up the ceiling.
Proves you are not a walt

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Any clue on if you get a discount with your MOD90 or Defence Discount Service card?
It'll probably depend on the franchise holder, like Burger King. You'll have to ask them in the shop.

Covered in second post.

Actually for a drive through you have to be in Chally or Warrior.
In was going for the added bonus of conducting an armed robbery if they don't give a discount.
Plus, you're idea was a bit flash....get it

Are we talking Subway as in sandwiches, well rolls really, or are we talking as in London underground?

The sandwich shops are franchises so it is depending on the owner, fair few are Indian owned, and they own multiples.

As for the London underground, my warrant card was a ticket to ride........I have a sneaky suspicion that the lads from the Brigade get a similar courtesy.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Dunno. But as the Mystic Meg of ARRSE, I can predict the future.

Eat Subway shiite on a regular basis and I see obesity, type 2 diabetes, muscular-skeletal issues on account of you being a big fat bloater, limb amputation (see type 2 above), lethargy, scrofula, nits, gnats and nuts.

Avo on toast is the way forward. Trust me. I am Mystic Meg.

The Defence Discount Card is nothing particularly special, it’s a corporate discount scheme and is identical to the Blue Light scheme. Companies subscribe to the schemes and offer discounts to card holders
I can’t remember my password to the website so can’t check the list, but supposedly Subway do offer the discount:

Defence Discount Service - accepted retailer list - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

For a ‘forces’ or police, NHS, fire services and even student discounts some companies just accept ID which means you get your discount for free, on a practical basis that’s up to the person behind the counter as to whether they accept it and can deduct a discount (or give you a free upgrade etc)
For the ‘official’ Defence Discount scheme there’s free access to the website and the option to buy the card

Anyone can always just ask for a discount when at the till, but bear in mind that a discount may not be all it’s cracked up to be, eg Domnios in Salisbury has a little poster up for forces, police, nhs discounts, but you can pay less just by ordering online or with their app for collection

Update on the official Defence Discoutnt card list is that Subway are not on it, but that doesn’t stop anyone asking for one

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 180
Tartan_Terrier The NAAFI Bar 16
KyleH Current Affairs, News and Analysis 164

Latest Threads