Substitution Pay When the Recipient Is Away?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by pipelinepete, Jul 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here I sit, with the Boss posted early, and no replacement due for 4 months. (Whats new?)

Matey boy who sits alongside has been selected to get the Pay of Higher Rank ( no issue with that - he is older , senior and IMHO wiser too)

within a week of taking up his wheelbarrow full of extra scheckels, he is naffing off on a jolly for 5 weeks!

So I sit here, covering 3 posts, not a sniff of dosh, and no hope of leave until he is back and settled.

Chuffed to bits as you can imagine.

Any positive thoughts apart from " Get On With It?

2. Unless I am very much mistaken there is a 21 day qualifying period for SUPA(backdated to day 1), so if he is off after only a week he cannot possibly do his 21 days. Once qualified you are allowed periods of absence upto 3 weeks I believe without it affecting entitlement.

Suggest you get the dosh until he returns, and he can begin his qualification after that.

3. Wonderful news - morale has risen. Many thanks.

Anyone know the AGAI reference perchance?
  4. You should read The Pay Warrant 1964 para 455A regarding Substitution Pay. Para d refers to the 21 day rule.

Your RAO should have a copy and be able to brief you on your entitlement.

5. Thanks - will look online - not at RHQ - I sit in the Big RHQ watching the London Eye go round.