Subscriptions - Replies to My Threads

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Yeah_Innit_Blud, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I complain about it every time, but it really makes it difficult to keep up with threads I have been posting in with no 'view replies to my posts' or whatever it was called in 'Quick Links'. Thanks.
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I think the functionality you are after is achieved by 'subscriptions' which allow you to monitor threads to which you have contributed or chosen to watch. You should be able to view them under the 'Quick Links' menu or via this link. Hope that helps
  3. Almost, I actually have to subscribe to view that list, before I could view all threads in which I had posted in without subscribing. It's a common forum feature found on many forums, it's not something I am making up, but on larger, busy forums like this one, makes thing a whole load easier.
  4. Bad CO

I understand why you want this feature but do genuinely believe that the subscriptions will achieve what you want. You can set it to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you post which I think is what you want! In fact I think that is the default.
  5. Have you lost the original code or something?
  6. Bad CO

Its not quite as simple as that.

Your request is for a link to a page(s) where you can see a list of all threads in which you have posted and for which there are replies. Having just checked this is exactly what you get by going Forums> Quick Links> Subscribed Threads

Perhaps it would help if I changed the name?
  7. Last 50 posts? Drop down 'Quick links' doesnt have 'replies to my posts' any more.
  8. I know I'm being a pain, and you're just trying to help, just means I've got to retrospectively look back through all my posts and subscribe to them if I want. It really is more than just a name, both features were available before, I just find it hard to believe that absolutely no-one used the link before!

Anyway, I concede and thank you for your time.
  9. Bad CO

It would appear that you aren't the only one to ask for this so I'll look into it!

I did think that the system automatically subscribed you whenever you replied to a thread so you shouldn't need to go back ... except that I think this only works since the middle of 2010!
  10. I used it all the time, it's probably the main function I am missing, more so than last 50 IMO.

I'm also finding that once I've posted a reply in a thread appearing in the what's new page the thread disappears from the page listings which is annoying as I then have to go looking for it in the forums. Last 50 was so much simpler as I just kept refreshing my page to keep up with the new things, now I can only see new things that I haven't posted in yet.
  11. Power in numbers, they'll bow to popular opinion soon enough!
  12. Bad CO

Very true!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  13. Bad CO

Although not exactly what you want, you can easily view all your own posts by clicking on your username and then selecting 'View Forum Posts'. This is also accessible from your profile page

This also works for other users posts.

I'm looking at restoring the full search that you are after but this is probably a useful half way house.
  14. Another vote here for the restoration of the 'View my posts' function in the quick links.

Unfortunately neither 'Subscriptions' nor 'View Forum Posts' gives quite the same functionality. The great thing about the 'view my posts' function is that it allows you to see at a glance if someone has replied to your last erudite post. If they haven't - then it is a single click to the forums that you usually hang out in. Neither of the other two views have a column listing the forums in which you have posted.

Pretty please!
  15. Bad CO

Now added although you'll need to log out and then log back in for it to work. Once you've done that look on the sub menu for the last item 'My Posts > My Threads'

I think that does what you are after!