"Submarine" found on the bottom of Lough Foyle

X Craft in NI waters? How?
You do have to wonder. And the fact that it was "discovered" during the week NI is full of vintage ship spotters for all this Titanic gubbins could be coincidence I suppose.

You do have to wonder. And the fact that it was "discovered" during the week NI is full of vintage ship spotters for all this Titanic gubbins could be coincidence I suppose.
Sick to the back teeth of Titanic shite on the tv/papers at the moment. You'd think its the only time a ships ever sunk.

Sick to the back teeth of Titanic shite on the tv/papers at the moment. You'd think its the only time a ships ever sunk.
Here... It's our time, our place you know!

Titanic didn't work, killed a load of innocent people and 100 years later people are still crowing about how great it was.
Could anything be more Belfast than that?

Just glad that its last port of call wasn't Liverpool. Can you imagine the intergalactic levels of grief whoring that would have entailed if it was full of scousers.

It's Gerry and Martin's transport for when they popped over to the UK to collect their earnings from Maggie T and successive Governments afterwards.

Still, in all, it's quite interesting.

I might be missing the bleeding obvious here?
but would it have something to do with the pile of german u-boats that were scuttled there after the end of ww11.

I agree, I am sick and tired of telling total strangers that my Great Grandfather, was the Marine architect responsible for the installation of the Pason's turbines on the Titanic.

Just glad that its last port of call wasn't Liverpool. Can you imagine the intergalactic levels of grief whoring that would have entailed if it was full of scousers.
I can't get past imagining a sinking ship full of scousers.

They'd have stolen the lifeboats anyway.

Not likely that far into the lough. From what I recall reading, those that were moored in Lough/River Foyle were towed well out to sea, off the north coast and scuttled/torpedoed/shelled there. They're estimating 50 foot in length for this object. My money is on an old surface vessel of some sort that's lain there for donkeys years.

Provo Submarine innit

Worryingly, your very close to the truth. The first submarine as we know it was designed by an Irish American(*) and was called the Fenian (something). It was intended to sink RN vessels off the east coast of the US.
Epic fail because * of a massive fall out between the relatives who designed and built the device, and the rest of the family who bought it. Without paying. Feggin Micks, eh?