Subbies need to have fun

Discussion in 'Officers' started by evilone, Nov 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking for help in the understanding of why the modern Subbie takes life all to seriously. I a looking for like minded Subbies who think we should be having fun rather than well, working!

The new breed, hell tooooo ridged for me!
    I am wrong with this should I be working hard and having no fun at all?

Answers on a post card please.
  3. I would rather they worked up to be soo ridged!!
  4. Gumph!

I see, I applaud your "hard to get and take that great big ridged black dildo away from me" stance.

I agree these things should be worked up to, smooth and small first off and work your way up from there.

Good luck with finding your non ridged subbie
  5. Thanks I will now need to go to confession!
  6. Clearly you need to address this issue in private before confessing.
  7. Of course it may be that they're all having loads of fun when you're not there, I've certainly got photographic evidence of one of the new breed the morning after the night before. :lol:
  8. Thanks for the confession Abs but telling all that you have photo's of a newbie before and after. Some folk go to jail for that! Is taking those kind of pics not against the law?

Chuckle te he!
  9. It's a side-effect of the changing role of the Young Officer.

In the Good Old Days (TM) a Subbie was under the wing of his Tp/Pl Sgt, sorting out the Regtl Ladies' Day and organizing the annual unit expedition to Val D'Isere while the Sgt got on with the job of running the Tp/Pl.

Now we're expected to do Risk Assessments, conduct Audits, sit on Courts Martial and Boards of Inquiry and run the Tp/Pl because the Sgt is off on a resettlement course to become a plumber/electrician/lawyer/IT consultant. And rather than having months of sitting on their arrses by the Rhine, the British Army is expected to participate in a near-constant round of op tours and High Readiness.

Not to mention the increasing habit of the Army of recruiting twenty-somethings with a bit of experience and perhaps even a degree in management who actually want to do the job (and have to do it, whether they want to or not).

Too much to do. Not enough people to do it. Not enough time to do it in.

10. Here!...Here!