Sturgeon wants Scottish independence referendum by 2021

What do you think about the new Scottish independence referendum?

• Complete absurd

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • Doubtful proposition

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I'm againt but let people say

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • It's worth to be considered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much needed referendum

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Don't know/Don't care

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Nicola Sturgeon has said she wants to hold a second referendum on Scottish independence by 2021 if the country is taken out of the EU.
What do you think about the new referendum?

Sturgeon can have as many Referendum's as she likes. As long as she espouses leaving the UK to jump straight into bed with the EU, the answer will always be a big fat NO.

However, if the Referendum is about leaving the UK, which also means leaving the EU, with a specified timeframe elapsing before EU membership will even be considered, then I think it would be a close result.

If they stop calling for referendums their reason for existence ceases. Even if they call for, gain, and lose another one, they'll call for a third. Let 'em get on with it if it keeps them busy.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
When we in Scotland went through the turmoil of the Independence Referendum we were told by the then leader of the SNP and First Minister of Scotland Fish-Head (Alex Salmond) and the then UKPM David Cameron that this was a 'Once in a generation, even a once in a lifetime' chance that would not be re-run even if the Remain vote was won by even a single vote. The Scottish people voted to remain within the UK and now leader of the SNP and First Minister of Scotland Fish-Face (Nicola Sturgeon) wants to go back on that promise.

Scottish referendum: yes and no agree it's a once-in-a-lifetime vote

You're making up something that isn't there, there is no 'new referendum'.

As heard on R4 yesterday, the Conservative commentator asked himself why would Chewbacca be dragging this up just now?
Then is came to him (below). She's just playing to her own audience to drum up sentiment before the Spring jolly of bitter nationalists

1556169734606.png

A poor attempt at stirring it KGB. This is already covered in great depth so I can see why it has been moved to its current location.

You're making up something that isn't there, there is no 'new referendum'.
Without sticking up for anyone.

It was also reported by the Groan.

Sturgeon outlines new Scottish independence referendum plans
Announcing legislation, first minister says vote must be held by May 2021 if Brexit proceeds

For Scotland to have another Referendum it would need approval from Westminster and that approval will not be forthcoming.

Sturgeon is constantly calling for another referendum, but she wont take that extra step to actually do it as she knows she'll lose worse than the last time, but she has to keep her mouth frothing cult still thinking it will happen or they'll start headbutting their keyboards in rage.

Without sticking up for anyone.

It was also reported by the Groan.

For Scotland to have another Referendum it would need approval from Westminster and that approval will not be forthcoming.
Sturgeon having a speech hinting at a planning for a new referendum just before her Spring Conference and 'the new referendum' to two entirely different things. If we were to poll each time there was a 'new referendum' based on some tired old SNP rhetoric, then every other thread would have one.

It's a slow news day and the SNP are in dreary PR mode.

Sturgeon is constantly calling for another referendum, but she wont take that extra step to actually do it as she knows she'll lose worse than the last time, but she has to keep her mouth frothing cult still thinking it will happen or they'll start headbutting their keyboards in rage.
It'll be an interesting policy to get across if there was another one.

'We want to be an independent Country, so we can join an undemocratic organisation with creeping federalism and hand over our national sovereignty'

That'll work

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The clue is in the name of her political party.

A poor attempt at stirring it KGB. This is already covered in great depth so I can see why it has been moved to its current location.
I dare to note that the thread was opened by me initially here - in ARRSE Hole - just not to disturb our dear MODs with the relocation.
Personally I reckon that it is just political PR. Everybody including Nicola Sturgeon understand that there will be no any independence referendum anytime soon.
It's politics - nothing personal.

Feck this like Brexit, the Jocks voted no last time.
Is this the best of 3 or until "she" gets the outcome she thinks Scotland wants!

Not sure why it’s a referendum on ‘Independence’ as once they leave the UK they’ll become (in their hopes) an EU member state.

Which means they won’t be Independent as they won’t be able to set much of their tax policy, their currency will be determined for them, they would have to follow EU legislation on many things, their customs and trade policy will be set on their behalf etc etc......

Definitely needs a rebrand.

Maybe call it ‘Peoples Vote’ or ‘solidarity and Unity fluffy Rainbow Unicorn vote’.

Something that sounds lovely and fools the electorate.

Just a thought from way South of the border, is the People's Assembly type thing (they seem to be flavor of the month right now) she is spouting about to suggest more powers for the Jock Assembly more to assemble a shopping list should there be a minority Lab government to be propped up by the SNP after the next GE? The 2021/2022 time frame is interesting?

One can only imagine what Wee Nippy would extract from Old Wiskers to put him in power?

As soon as Maybot says she’ll do everything to keep Scotland in the Union, then Crankie will know she has independence in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the options in you poll is “Don’t know/ Don’t care”
But I’m more interested in why you care. Surely there are interesting things going on in Russia that you might care to tell us about?
Nicola Sturgeon is leader of the Scottish National Party- their raison d’être is to seek Scottish independence, they will obviously return to it as frequently as they can. Nothing for you to be alarmed about.

Latest Threads