Stupid things civvies ask you.

About 1974ish. The whole battalion in CEFO and with our personal weapons debussing out of the back of four tonners at Victoria station on our way to Otterburn or somewhere and some woman running up to me shrieking "oh my god what's going on, why are you all here" to which I replied "s'all right love, we're just catching a train, same as you". :)

"Have you ever killed anyone?" Not in my job, closest I'll get is by food poisoning.

"How long are you back from Iraq for?" I don't actually live there, you ******* loon.

Ah, the old 'have you killed someone' question.

Yeah, got that lots too. I usually answered with, 'Maybe, but if you stand still I'll see what I can do'...

Member of Parliament out to see his "constituents" on a fact finding trip to Crossmaglen police station (this is a few years back, mind);

"Do you chaps get out to the local pubs often ?"

Usually when I had just got home for leave:

Them - 'Hey mate you on leave now?'

Me - 'yes'

Them - 'When you going back'

Me - '**** off Ive just got home and your reminding me of when I need to go back'

"Are you going to do any work today?" Stupid bugger should know me by now.

Member of Parliament out to see his "constituents" on a fact finding trip to Crossmaglen police station (this is a few years back, mind);

"Do you chaps get out to the local pubs often ?"
Actually, yes I did, but only being nosey and imposing ourselves on the locals and always tooled up with a couple of mates with me and the rest outside ready to come charging in at any sign of any problems. Even got offered a pint in a couple of them but always said "no thanks, I'm on duty". :(

I see you're in the RAF Regiment. What aircraft do you fly?