Stupid thing

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by The_Phantom_Bear_Dresser, Jan 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok I keep getting a pop up box on my laptop at random times, saying something about a bad link and it can't work as the software is wrong and doesn't match what I already have.

I haven't uploaded anything new to my computer, and the stupid pop up thing shows when I turn on the computer and when I click on any of my desktop things and will randomly flash up whilst I'm using the browser.

Any ideas how I can get rid of it?

I will try and add what it says when it flashes next

TPBD

2. what does it say 'sactly....not that I'll be able to help but it's the first thing the techie types will ask when they come on? :D

3. typically the stupid thing isn't doing it at the moment!! I will post what it says as soon as it does.

TPBD

4. If you can post a screen shot that helps sometimes

5. Yeah because I know how to do that!!!

If it does not get explained in easy step by step instructions then I have no idea how to do it!!

I am blonde people :-D

TPBD

6. what operating system are you running?

7. I'm using Chrome.

Ok I can't copy the stupid box, but it says

Chrome exe - Bad image
    C:\ProgramData\yikotoya.dii - is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.

No idea how to do screen shots and like I said it won't let me copy and paste the box

Ideas anyone?

TPBD

8. See...i told you someone clever would pop up!!

9. there is something wrong with the server on that program, but thanks

TPBD

10. I'm glad someone clever turned up, I'm trying again with that programme!!

TPBD

11. I'm hopeing I have done it, I followed the other programme you said about, and I'm not sure if it's worked but I'm ******* hopeing it has!!!

Many Thanks

TPBD

12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Make sure you havn't got other AV software running if you have installed fresh stuff - and don't just delete it, do a proper uninstall.

13. Huh? Who do I do that?

TPBD