Stupid thief caught on camera

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fozzy, Feb 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am genuinely surprised that his lawyer didnt claim his human rights had been breached because he had been filmed with out his consent or knowledge and that the video images of him had been handed over without his permission.

This has happened before where the victim has been charged under the data protection act because they knew who had done the crime and sent their details to the fuzz. The guy was arrested and the crim got off. :x

A_S

2. 13 previous convictions and the scrote only gets 11 months?

I'm sure he's seen the error of his ways now eh? :roll:

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I want the software details !

Now that the majority of households have a pc this could be the alarm system of the future.

Good skills Mr Grisby !

Wasn't he in Norman Wisdom's films ?
    :wink:

4. A serial burgler who commited more of the same while on bail. Surely this sort of charachter should be attracting a long prison sentance to keep him off the streets. This little ****** has clearly stated his intention not to live by the law by repeat offences and the public should be protected from him for many many years.

How do you like them apples?!?!?

5. Is that because previous offences can't be disclosed? Or does the judge get to see them, but not the jury? Anyone know?

6. I am a very tolerant woman so I think a humane solution is in order for creatures of its ilk. Bullet to the back of the head for recidivists.

May not be a deterrent to crime but it sure cuts down the reoffending rate. :twisted:

7. From a different case affecting some close friends, the offendors previous cannot be disclosed at the time of trial but will be considered when deciding the sentence. In there case the person was charged with theft totally £40,000 over 5 years, had a previous of the same from a charity and still only got 60 hours community and the friends ended up paying for costs.

It's the law, make up you own mind.

8. Previous convictions are not disclosed during a trail to the Judge or Jury.

But are disclosed in full to the Judge before sentencing.

I served on a Jury early last year, and wanted to hang the guy on the first day. He got 6 years with 3 suspended (Not the type of suspended I had in mind) This was for Death by Dangerous Driving. He was banned from driving for 12 months as he already had 9 points and ordered to re-sit his test.....

9. Not only is 11 months not long enough but the fact that he'll be out stealing agiain in, oh, say six (?) is really a truer reflection of the p*ss poor sentencing in this country.

10. Bet he's gutted about his stuff being nicked but he's gonna make a fortune if he's patented the idea