STUPID SOLICITORS

Quick question for the Legal Minds on here.

Received a letter on Friday from the Ex's Solicitor reference onging Contact issues, now this letter was blatantly not for my eyes at all!!!

So what do I do?

Do I send it back saying thanks, but I don't think that this was for me, but thanks for letting me know where your Client stands?

Do I keep hold of it and present it at the next hearing, thereby exposing to the judge how sh1te they are as a firm?

So come on boys and girls, any suggestions?

Also, do I bubble the solicitors for revealing Client secrets, if so who to?

Cheers.

Fred

Its a potential ace up your sleeve. Hang onto it and keep schtum for now.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The letter, if not for you, but for your ex is probably protected by client privilage so you will have to return it.

If you want to make an issue of how shoite they are, refer them to the Law Society.

But then your ex might just do that when she finds that you know what she/they plan....

Hand the letter over to your solicitor, he will know what to do with it and how to do that in your best interests. Letting the judge know your ex is being represented by incompetants may encourage him to be sympathetic to her.

Also whilst you may not be able to use the letter in court I am pretty sure you can plan your case based on the contents.

Good luck

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
If it was addressed to your ex, then you are interefering with HM mail and that'll get you in jail quicker than you can say "eeeuurrgghh!".

If it was addressed to you, keep schtum as you may get some more . . .

Enigma266 said:
Data Protection. Her sols can be done under the act for disclosing information. I would have a chat with your solicitor about it.
Go for it, tell your solicitor to question the validity of everything they have done in relation to the case and make sure the hearing judge is aware of this pollockism. Feck them all as a bunch of fleecing leeches.
Men_Only
:D

Make a copy of the letter, rearrange some of the wording and add some of your own text telling her to give up and leave you alone. Then send it to her correct address.

Job done!

B

Biscuits_AB

FredWest said:
Quick question for the Legal Minds on here.

Received a letter on Friday from the Ex's Solicitor reference onging Contact issues, now this letter was blatantly not for my eyes at all!!!

So what do I do?

Do I send it back saying thanks, but I don't think that this was for me, but thanks for letting me know where your Client stands?

Do I keep hold of it and present it at the next hearing, thereby exposing to the judge how sh1te they are as a firm?

So come on boys and girls, any suggestions?

Also, do I bubble the solicitors for revealing Client secrets, if so who to?

Cheers.

Fred
If it's in your favour....keep it. If it'sin her favour....still f*cking keep it.

2 things here
If addressed to ex then you broke the law by interfering with the royal mail - you could photocopy and send original to her and then give copy to your solicitor saying a copy was sent to you.
If letter was addressed to you but had client details relating to case against you then you could go down the path of DPA and Law Society.

Speak to your solicitor and get their advice in the first instance.

FredWest said:
Not got my own Solicitor, I don't really need one for this, it was addressed to me, not her!!!
As a litigant in person there's nothing to stop you introducing it as evidence if you so choose. I suggest you join www.fnf.org.uk if you haven't already done so as they're very good at 'contact' matters; indeed they'll provide a 'Mackenzie friend' to assist at hearings if asked.

Perhaps it was a courtesy letter keeping you advised on what was the other sides intent. It's not uncommon for solicitors to keep the opposition informed so that they can reply to points raised. It's just possible that because yuo don't have a solicitor of your own you may be saving money but doing yourself a disservice. The law is extremely complicated and what laymen like us take for granted may not be the case at all.

edited for mong typing

Fred, mate, trust me.
If you are going through a divorce or "contact issues" after a divorce
you need a solicitor.

This area is one that you cannot handle yourself.

If the letter was clearly intended for her eyes only, it may well be privileged notwithstanding the fact that some mong in her solicitor's office popped it in an envelope to you. In theory, you ought then to return it to her solicitor and should not refer to the information contained in it in the course of proceedings.

However, even if you don't refer directly to the letter, clearly you are now aware of its contents and, if damaging to your ex's case, you might be able to use it as leverage to obtain a better settlement.

However, if the envelope and the letter are both addressed to you, then its open correspondence and you may refer to it in Court. The exception to this is if its marked "without prejudice" (or similar) and refers to a settlement offer of some sort.

Get thee to a solicitor, Citizens' Advice Bureau or similar if you're in any doubt.

I should add that there's no point in you reporting her solicitors. They only owe a duty of care to her, not to you.

She may choose to complain if they have done something daft but that's a different matter. If you're in direct contact with her and you want to unsettle her relationship with her solicitor, you might show and tell her but that's pretty Machievellian.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The Intelligence Cell 5
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 17
msr Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0