Stupid Question - Sorry

Hello,

Could someone please, briefly explain this to me

If a Regular is someone who serves in the regular army...
And a Reservist is someone who serves in the TA

What is a Regular Reservist?

Thanks in advance

Scaz

P

PrinceAlbert

Hello,

Could someone please, briefly explain this to me

If a Regular is someone who serves in the regular army...
And a gopping civvy **** is someone who serves in the TA

What is a Regular Reservist?

Thanks in advance

Scaz
Fixed.

When you leave the regs you are on the reserve list for 5 years. During that time the Army can ask you to deploy.

Wah shield down .... An old knackered squaddie who has worn out his/her knees/ankles/shoulders/liver/kidneys/temper during previous regular service, only to find at the age of 40 plus the country still feel they can call on them if it all goes belly up, pah like we would be any use apart from road blocks......... Wah shield back up.

Don't know if it helps ...but a long time ago when I left I was put on the short-term reserves for 6 years and the long-term for 12 years and was given a pile of reporting documents to use if called which contained travel warrants. (still got em ...you never know?) probably all changed now?

Fixed.

When you leave the regs you are on the reserve list for 5 years. During that time the Army can ask you to deploy.
Doesn't it run over a 12 year period? I did 6, then 6 on the reserves list, mate did 9 in the Colours and only 3 on the reserves?

REMRO told me that I was on the reserve list until I elected to come off it.

Just call me Lcpl Jones, of Walmington on Sea home guard fame.

Doesn't it run over a 12 year period? I did 6, then 6 on the reserves list, mate did 9 in the Colours and only 3 on the reserves?
That's what I was told, or until I had children, whichever came first.

I did get initial call-up papers about 3 months after I signed off during the build-up to GW1. They (M&RO Kentigern House) wanted to know what trade I was. My already damaged faith in the record keeping of the Army was dented even further. As it turned out, they had enough combat typists and I never heard from them again.

Reservist my arse, more like Reversist, first thing I did when I left was sign foreign articles and get off to sea.

That's what I was told, or until I had children, whichever came first.

I did get initial call-up papers about 3 months after I signed off during the build-up to GW1. They (M&RO Kentigern House) wanted to know what trade I was. My already damaged faith in the record keeping of the Army was dented even further. As it turned out, they had enough combat typists and I never heard from them again.
Should have said General.

Oh how the world would look a different place now. :)

Should have said General.

Oh how the world would look a different place now. :)
Damn right. I'd certainly wouldn't have got rid of lightweights! ;-)

K

Kirkz

Don't know if it helps ...but a long time ago when I left I was put on the short-term reserves for 6 years and the long-term for 12 years and was given a pile of reporting documents to use if called which contained travel warrants. (still got em ...you never know?) probably all changed now?
Same here Mukker! Still got me sausage bag full of kit and all the docs stashed in the attic.
Been there almost 30 years now and I can't remember the last time I looked at them :)

They can bugger off if they think they are getting any more time out of me.

I haven't decided what sort of leave I'm on this week. Choices, choices.......