Stupid Question - Sorry

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Scazmatraz, May 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Could someone please, briefly explain this to me

If a Regular is someone who serves in the regular army...
    And a Reservist is someone who serves in the TA

What is a Regular Reservist?

Thanks in advance

Scaz

2. Fixed.

When you leave the regs you are on the reserve list for 5 years. During that time the Army can ask you to deploy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. One who has a high fibre diet.

4. Wah shield down .... An old knackered squaddie who has worn out his/her knees/ankles/shoulders/liver/kidneys/temper during previous regular service, only to find at the age of 40 plus the country still feel they can call on them if it all goes belly up, pah like we would be any use apart from road blocks......... Wah shield back up.

5. If they can contact you that is.

6. Don't know if it helps ...but a long time ago when I left I was put on the short-term reserves for 6 years and the long-term for 12 years and was given a pile of reporting documents to use if called which contained travel warrants. (still got em ...you never know?) probably all changed now?

7. Doesn't it run over a 12 year period? I did 6, then 6 on the reserves list, mate did 9 in the Colours and only 3 on the reserves?

8. I was told that I was on the list for 5 years. Nothing more, nothing less.

9. REMRO told me that I was on the reserve list until I elected to come off it.

Just call me Lcpl Jones, of Walmington on Sea home guard fame.

10. Thanks for explaining this to me

Scaz

11. That's what I was told, or until I had children, whichever came first.

I did get initial call-up papers about 3 months after I signed off during the build-up to GW1. They (M&RO Kentigern House) wanted to know what trade I was. My already damaged faith in the record keeping of the Army was dented even further. As it turned out, they had enough combat typists and I never heard from them again.

12. Reservist my arse, more like Reversist, first thing I did when I left was sign foreign articles and get off to sea.

13. Ah but you always were speshul.

14. Err, that's the sex offenders register you're on for 5 years.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Should have said General.

Oh how the world would look a different place now. :)