stupid question mum keeps nagging me to ask!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by lewyt666, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right guys, embarrassing as it is, mother keeps nagging me to ask, if you finished your training, then decided for some stupid reason she must have in her head, that you didn't like it, can you buy yourself out of the army?

I think thats what happened back in her day lol

2. im in for a different thing (officer) but i believe that its an inniccial 3 year commitment with a possible buy out (but frankly you wouldnt accumulate enough in 3 years to do so)

correct me if im wrong but your mum doesnt want you to go in the army in the first place and her idea is to give an out if it got too hard/dangerous.
    frankly if you want it bad enough it shouldnt matter, and if you want to be safe and comfy your looking into the wrong line of work.

tell me something what do you want to do and why?
  3. You can Discharge As Of Right within a cetain time frame, cant remember off the top of my head , think its 3 months.
  4. As all mums are they worry mate. No you cannot you MIGHT get out if you are a liability and totally useless but doubt it. once you start training you have to stay a month then you have 6 weeks to decide if you like it or not.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Excuse me ... is this a WAH?

With your spelling and punctuation skills I might suggest Parking Control Officer might be your real career path. IMO, of course :wink:
  6. 1) Cut the apron strings and only join if its what you really want.

2) Who wants to know this? you or your mum?

3) Why would you go through all the shite of basic and then leave?

4) what is it your joining?

If your still relying on your mum for guidence, i would leave it until your able to make your own mind up.

No offence but its the army, not the cubs.
  7. a couple of points,
    1. your English has to be pretty good to get in as an orifice, try working on punctuation and spelling.

2 What his mum is looking at is, if he finds it's not the job he thought it was then he has the option of getting out, not an unrealistic scenario.

I'm afraid I can't help answer your question as I've been out of the baggy green skin way too long but I'm sure someone currently serving will help you out, good luck to you both
  8. hey, im just making a quick reply not writing literature, anyway thats beside the point were here to advise the kid not nag my grammer
  9. blue-sophist

No problem. I find it easier to type in English, with punctuation and capitalisation, but I'm sure you have a very busy life ... :wink:
  10. Corrected for you sir. :roll:
  11. yeah its my mum that wants to know, yeah i really want to join, im not going to go through my basic then leave, its the infantry im joining, I wasnt relying on my mum for guidance, she simply asked 'can you still buy yourself out of the army' I replied 'I'm not sure', and yeah I'm fully aware what the army is!
  12. blue-sophist

That was kind of you, Carcass. :wink:

I did wonder whether the young gentleman was actually representative of today's throughput, but I have my doubts. Anyway, "It's the Internet, innit, eh." :lol:
  13. ok ok, enough ribbing now everyone, im just using the internet with people i dont know who dont know me so i dont really care about my use of english. it could be worse, i could be using text language.

thank you carcass, what would i do without you?

now stop being so awkward!!!!!
    dont correct this message before you try that.
  14. You should rely on your ACIO, its what they're there for. And no, you cant buy yourself out anymore. When I joined it was 28 days compulsory service followed by the option to quit right up until pass out day. Dont know what the rules for Infantry are but you get a longer window in which to quit if you are a minor.
  15. blue-sophist

A good grovel ... good night! 8)