Stupid Question, But why do Alot of people need ski goggles for ops?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by ScotlandsLad, Jul 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been going through the forums, but I've notices some people have took/suggested that you take ski goggles on ops?
    Obviously this could be for the UV protections and sand/dust, but as I used to snowboard in Italy a few times each year, I noticed they can not work/fit well with some helmets.
  2. You're right...

That is a ******* stupid question.
  3. In case you go skiing of course.
  4. Because everyone knows that you need Goggles for the "man-love Thursday" bukkake parties.
  5. I know I know.
    But the helmets look as if they might not accommodate some types of the ski goggles, that's why I'm asking.
  6. Sensible answer time.....they are now Ballistic type goggles to protect your eyesight, initially, the early Telic tours, they were of a type similar to ski goggles to protect against dust etc, now the MOD has realised that they stand to loose a lot of money in claims against them if they don't issue adequate PPE and tell us to wear them, hence the gloves, goggles and safety specs.

Does that answer your question?

But it was a bit of a stupid question.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Correct. Have you ever had a bit of sand in your eyes? It's not nice. Trust me.
  8. No one has so far given you the correct answer. The real reason for the goggles is that they don't allow the wearers eyes to be seen in any picture taken by either electronic or conventional film cameras. This is because the Talibaba try to photograph people for hashishin attempts later on.
  9. Fixed that for you.
  10. Not everyone has to wear helmets, in camp we wear hats too
  11. Yeah, like softcover hats like bush hats, boonies and stuff.
    I was just wondering, cos a lot of pics and videos show people wearing like yellow tinted goggles (look like swimming) and others wear thing that look like ski goggles.
  12. It's a school night get to bed.
  13. It's because some people believed FRANK .....dull *****.
  14. Goggles for top cover, glasses for everywhere else... including the bukkake parties
  15. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

oh nooooooooooo Hats in the caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamp sorry didnt mean to shout on a school night sssh.