Stupid instructions and warnings

Whilst reading the thread about Americans and their use and abuse of the Queens English I got to thinking about the stupid labels/warnings/instructions that they put on things to protect the idiots - ill start the ball rolling with a bottle of bar-b-q lighting fluid I bought from an American BX in Turkey which warned me it was flammable - what else would you expect bar-b-q lighter fluid to be.
or am i missing something ????

Tesco's eggs,
labeled '6 eggs', has a food allergy warning label, 'contains egg'... there was me thinking they would be special quorn eggs or marzipan maybe.

I like the sign outside a shop (sadly I forget where) that said;

'Ear piercing while you wait'

Warning: Product may be hot after heating.

Jesus.....

Tesco's......again. Packet of walnut halves, Warning, this product may contain nuts.

I'd bloody hope so too!

McDonald's coffee cups say "Warning, contents may be hot."

Obviously, you'd expect this from a cup of coffee, but some old bint made a fortune off them before they added that caution.

:roll:

Packet of Baldiran sleep aid tablets carried the warning "Warning - May cause drowsiness"!

Favourite ever.
Tesco once again. Printed on the bottom of the cake packet. "Do not turn upside down".

Just started to make something to eat and found,

Tesco's 100% beefburgers Not suitable for vegetarians??????

Argos electric fire, may become hot when operational

you cant beat the warnings on two flavours of crisps from walkers:

cheese & onion - not suitable for veggies
smokey bacon - suitable for veggies.....

How stupid is that.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On an electric mitre saw: "Warning, Keep hands & Clothing away from blade when in operation"

On a bottle of propane gas: "Warning Highly Flamable"

I say Sherlock how incisive of you......

In a menswear shop. A sign said "In the Interests Of Hygiene, We Do Not Change Underwear"

Somewhat of a warning.
Sign in shop window. "Wigs made from pubic hair". Why not come in for a clout on the head.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A banner on Queen Elizabeth bridge in Jo'burg during a govt adult education drive:

LEARN TO READ

Warning on a cigarette lighter: "Do not ignite near face." How the fook are you going to light your fag without putting it near your face??

Packet of salted peanuts: "Product contains nuts." It better had or else I want my money back!

On a bottle of milk (cow's milk!), informing me that it was a dairy product!

Geordie

I like local council literature through the door that says - Also avaliable in braille or recorded tape for the visually impared....please write to.....

Geordie_Pride said:
Packet of salted peanuts: "Product contains nuts." It better had or else I want my money back!
Geordie
[Spotter mode on] Peanuts are not nuts, they are actually legumes (same family as beans and peas). The warning is on there so that people who have a nut allergy are aware that the product could contain traces of real nuts from the production process.
[/Spotter mode off]

Not all stupid signs are as stupid as they first appear.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Steven said:
Geordie_Pride said:
Geordie
[Spotter mode on] Peanuts are not nuts, they are actually legumes (same family as beans and peas). The warning is on there so that people who have a nut allergy are aware that the product could contain traces of real nuts from the production process.
[/Spotter mode off]

Not all stupid signs are as stupid as they first appear.
I have had the same warning on packets of Macadamias and walnuts.
Some of the stupid signs are as stupid as they appear.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The Intelligence Cell 5
Forces_Sweetheart The Intelligence Cell 17
msr Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0