Stupid Farmers (SAILSBURY PLAIN)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by asdf2204, Nov 1, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heaven forbid that they should do what they like with their own land.
    If this Government no longer considers them fit to be part of "new british" society why should they put themselves out to help that society?
  2. Inconvenient? Yes. The end of the world? No. If Farmer Palmer wants to play tit-for-tat, perhaps DARD 'administrative delays' will hold back the next round of farm subsidies.
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

It's not just happening on Salisbury Plain, apparently Cambrian Patrol is going to be that little bit more difficult next year for the same reason too.
  4. I second that, they are out of there depth.
  5. Maybe because we are not living in the fecking DDR?
  6. Not yet anyway.

Fair play to them, it's about time somebody in Britain took affirmative action about something.

Edited to add:- In the long run any Government that totally alienates farmers generally has bitten off more than they can chew.
    While some are probably quite happy with the hunting ban, or at least unconcerned, ballsing about with their money is likely to cheese them off big time. Even in our "modern society" it very bad juju to fall out with the sons of the soil.
  7. never curse a farmer with your mouth full.
  8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Huzzah for the farmers!

9. Well if the government would actually listen to the people in the country instead of the majority in the cities they wouldn't have this problem. Fox hunting has gone on for years and the ocasional fox is well worth the sense of community and social interaction that a 'Hunt' brings to a rural community. It seems that it's fine to sacrafice peoples lives in the towns when the scocial services can't cope but you have to save a fox?

At the end of the day the farmers are only withdrawing the use of their OWN land. It's the only protest left to them. If yoake that right away from them, the ext step is removng everyone's right to say who lives in their own house.
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Didn't you think before posting this or had you just got back from the NAAFI ?
  11. Already done I'm afraid. The recent bill that dealt with emergency powers for the government allows them to declare an emergency and, if necessary, confiscate property to provide accomodation where and when required.
  12. Well said Hackle. Some people seem to think we live in a police state. Last time I checked this was suppossed to be a free country.

Hurrah for the farmers. Down with the Government and their **** policies.
  13. imho, it's a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Most people on this board and who I know, do not support a ban, for various reasons. However, withdrawing use of the land is only hurting those more likely to support their cause.
  14. I'm all for it (except making the cambrian harder :cry: )
    Farmers get walked all over by the government, the hunting issue is just a small part of it