STUG FIND

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by jonny3979, Nov 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fcuk! That's a find and a half, what country is that? Czech Republic?

2. That was unbelievable.

It seems to be in almost as good nick as the FW190 that PTP posted the link to last week.

3. Wipe your top lip Terrier, you seem to have some of PTP's sperm still lingering.

4. Thanks, that could have been embarassing!

Could have been worse though, it could have been yours.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

What a quality find. Looks like you could just start up the engine and drive it away.

6. IVE GOT ROOM OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM IF ITS UP FOR GRABS :
    ABSOLUTLY AMAZING:::IM DEPRESSED NOW::::::

7. The lucky, lucky bar stewards. That would be just the job for Mrs Stroker and the little Strokets to use on the school run. Parking problems smarking problems....

Surprised it's in such good nick, must of taken a fair ole walloping to end up buried upside down like that.

8. What a fantastic find. Looks as though it is ready for battle. 8)

Can I have one Mum :?

fastmedic

9. In photo 14, is that the crew getting out of it?? All that mud must be really good at preserving things!

10. amazing, markings etc intact, no rust, must be special oxygen free mud.

I didn't know they used the grousers (track link extensions) on STUG's

Beats the rusty bits of scrap that usually turn up

11. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Yes they were very common on the Stug known as Ost-ketten?
    Lerenfort is a good site to browse and have a look at one of the links off the site theres footage of a T-34/75 being recovered from a swamp in Latvia....they reckon after swapping oil/plugs/fuel and a quick check over they had it running within 2days!

12. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Parking problems? With those wide tyres ... I mean Ostketten? A far better get-out-of-my-way that running a key down the side of somebody's car. The words Tin, Corned and Beef srping to mind.

What a great Chelsea Tractor for the Schoolrun Commandos.

13. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

My post crossed in the er post.

German tanks (I am thinking Mark 3 and Mark 4: they came as standard on Panthers and Tigers) etc bound for Russia got Ostketten - East Tracks.

Have an end-on look at a late-model Mark 3 or Mark 4 and you'll notice the side skirt extend well clear of the mudguards. You could fit either track behind these side skirts, but if they were flush like on modern tanks which come with wide tracks as standard, you couldn't fit the Ostketten.

14. This T34/76 is in really good nick.