Stuffing a slow cooked Beggars Chicken

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by TheIronDuke, Feb 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

In the 'Snails ginger dog has snuffed it' thread some smartarse suggested that the Chinese dish Beggars Chicken involved dog. It does not. But it sounds a fascinating slow cooked chicken dish. Do a Google.

It is slow cooked chicken wrapped in foil / leaves / clay. I have found one where the 'clay' involves a kilo of salt, some flour and water to make a sort of salty flourly mud to wrap the chicken. So that is the plan.

But every recipe I see has a different stuffing for the chicken. All Chinese. And I do not trust the Chinese. They turned the newsagents down from where my Auntie Ena lived into a take-away. My Auntie Ena died five and a half years later and I blame the Chinese.

So, stuffing for a slow cooked (3 hours) chicken? Your thoughts?

And don't tell me "You don't need to stuff them. They are already full". That is so old.
  2. Your grace google Ken Hom and your desired cooked animal recipe.
  3. TheIronDuke

Which part of "I do not trust the Chinese" are we having a problem with, sweet pea?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. He's gay and only has half an ear so he's totally trustworthy.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheIronDuke

Jesus ******* Christ. Some days are just a complete waste of make-up, you know?
  6. They aren't all reds under the bed. Trust ken or Auntie Kitty to his friends.
  7. TheIronDuke

The last time I trusted Auntie Kitty I was seven years old and found myself in the orchard wearing a white organza frock and ringlets with ribbons just as the Vicar called for tea. I am not keen to repeat the experience.

I require stuffing I can make by shopping in Marks & Sparks. Not Wang ******* Fu's Opium Emporium.
  8. HHH

HHH LE

To get the authentic taste you need to stuff your chicken with Pedigree Chum !
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TheIronDuke

Thanks. I ******* hate you.
  10. I will forever cherish that vision.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Take no notice :) Available in Chestnut and Cranberry Home Page | Paxo

I do impressions when bladdered.
  12. Try sausage meat, fresh sage, bread crumbs and onion. Bit of salt and pepper and chuck in a little garlic if you like.

Alternatively if you want something more Oriental, equal weight of pork mince and chopped prawn, bit of garlic and ginger, chopped onion, salt and pepper, bit of five spice powder, black bean paste and you have the guts of a won ton which can then be shoved up the chook's mudbox.
  13. Isn't that near enough an ear'n'a'narf?
  14. Near four