Students > Soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fatduck, Sep 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. to be fair, the replies arnt really agreeing with him.

and he cant even spell soldiers, so frankly that puts his argument about education out of the window.
  2. They must have met the Provost Sergeant from my battalion in the late 70's - he was a bad person and scared the sh*te out of me.

3. Most are not agreeing with him, but I am worried about the amount who agree.
  4. Thank fcuk I'm old! I have never heard such drivel. "i agree with DougieG... my brother once met an american soldier in kuwait and he told him how he likes the violence and that he listens to the song "let the bodies hit the floor" and how it makes him so pumped up and he starts killing people... i think that there are a lot of people out there who will not go to war unless they are well payed"

Did he fcuk! He's been watching too many war films or was talking sh1te!

2/10 - start your education again!
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I'm actually surprised at how many of his fellow students have put him back in his box.
  6. I would pay too much attention to someone who's tagged as an Exalted Member.
  7. I like this one

8. There seems to be a lot of high-level debate on that website. Other active forums include:

• Permanently blocked nose - HELP!!!
    • Girlfriend told me im "small"
    • do you wish you were complimented more often?

Fascinating reading.
  9. funny you mention that, its actually from a scene from the micheal moore 9/11 film.
  10. "Most people I've met who are in the army are either so far up their own arrse that you can't talk to them or they're violent and enjoy their job".

I'm violent, and I fcuking LOVE my job thanks. Now be a good lad and do some work, you unwashed, angst-ridden dogturd.
  11. Generally he's talking crap, but I can take a guess at where he might have got that idea from. Many moons ago in my student days I had a couple of ex-soldiers in their late 20's doing the same modules I was. The feckers never missed the chance to go off on one in the seminars about how the lecturer was wrong about XYZ, invariably with an at best tediously linked story about the time in he service, delivered with Blackadder-style "University of life, school of hard knocks and nursery of getting the sh1t kicked out of you" undertones. Self-evidently it didn't put me off the armed forces, but had I not been so well disposed to them in the first place I can't see them being my favourate people.
  12. I think the thread has now been deleted.
  13. As should this one...