Student Riots Round 2...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Nov 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Wednesday 9/11/11 the Students of the country are hold more protests,rumour has it that they will team up with the protesters outside St Pauls,so what will be the outcome?.....

2. The students will achieve the same outcome as the million people who marched against the Iraq war in 2003: sweet **** all.

The Met will have learned the lessons of summer riots and make sure they have the numbers to cope with any violence. Add to that the cold weather this time of year and it will probably turn out to be a non-event.

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If students don't think their education is worth paying for I fail to see why the rest of us should pay for it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Without a coherent argument to back it up, no protest is going to have an impact.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

To be honest at least the demonstrations against war have a point, demonstrations/tantrums about money are quite bad form. As I pointed out to an copper on PO duty on Whitehall during one of the kick offs (and in fact spoke about here at the time) it seems that paying fees is more of a reason to kick off than people being killed, sure the numbers were impressive but people seems to get a whole heap more fired up about pennies than foreign wars.

I tend to be of the opinion in regard to demonstration(s) that 'if you raise your voice with a crowd, you lose your voice'; that quite often puts me in a minority of one, but as per the quote you can see I'm quite happy there.

I have a feeling after the summer there will be briefings to have green overalls (tho' they may end up being blue) ready to support blue ones; hope everyone still has their NI gloves!!

6. With Charlie Gilmour's being pimped round D wing by his cell mate and that 18 year old mong who tried to brain a copper with a fire extinguisher doing his gap year in Wormwood Scrubs, I think the students will be on their best behaviour.

Anyway, the students will have the shock troops of the War on Starbucks to help them. Here's an intrepid reporter interviewing some of the combatants just behind the front line and before they go "over the top" on Wednesday.

• Like Like x 2
  7. With the foam being taken out and replaced with sand?

8. Interestingly it's Reading Week this week so no lectures will be missed!

Intercolate on this year and you'll be paying fees next year!

I can't think of a better deal than the student loan. It also sorts out the wheat from the chaff. If you think you can't afford it then you probably have zero aspirations to actually do anything with any degree gained.

There are still plenty of grants and bursaries for the truly needy to go to uni, it's the middle class layabouts that are up in arms because they might actually have to do something with their lives and they're being asked to contribute a little in comparison to the enormous privilege their parents money has bought them already.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I have no idea what you mean, the foam is to stop the shield chaffing no? What use would sand be? :twisted:

My studies are suspended as I was woken up from light sleeping in January and it's been a 'mare for a while punctuated by being a goon to keep me smiling. That said I will probably be in 'anarchy' central (read as occult bureau) sipping coffee observing as per last time; at least last time I had work to do.

Anarchy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bring it on.

11. They can join up with Choudary's mong brigade aswell while they're at it. You'd think that if they were that angry about paying fees then they'd put some effort in to the course and atleast try to avoid the inevitable career in HMV

12. Can't wait for them to get together.

Just substitute Bankers for Romans.

13. I,m ******* impressed,couldn't find one spelling mistake on the poster,maybe there's some hope yet! :meditate:

14. Brilliant ploy.

Join Choudary's Army, sandals, black up and grow a cheesy beard, they can do WTF they like with no risk of being sent down.......