Student Project

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mjohnson, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am a 3rd year photography student at Staffordshire University. I am doing a project on the closure of Britain's military hospitals and how this has affected Britains servicemen and women. For my project I hope to take portrait photographs of soldiers and ex-soldiers who have required medical treatment as a result of their time in the Armed Forces. I also wish to give the soldiers a voice to put their views across in terms of how they feel Britain's service personnel are treated and the covenant is honoured by our Government. The work will form the basis of my university degree show to be exhibited at my university and also at the AOP Gallery in London and will also be produced in the form of a book to accompany my exhibition. If anybody would be interested in allowing me to take their photograph and to give their views on the issue then it would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me at js907494@student.staffs.ac.uk

Many Thanks,
    Morgan Johnson

NOTE: Permission for this posting was granted by the site moderator, PartTimePongo

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Your best bet is to contact the CO of Headly Court direct!

3. I'm still trying to make the connection with a photography degree and the closure of military hospitals and squaddies voicing an opinion?

What's about a nice landscape?

(Morgan Johnson?....sounds like a bank)

4. Well it's an open brief, so we were free to choose any topic we wanted. It's a documentary project and I chose it because it's relevant to today's society and a much more important issue than a landscape project.

5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Morgan,

If you want to take pictures of soldiers who have been hurt, try BLESMA. They have had a lot of exposure (pardon the pun) but also have a number of guys who would be willing for some good quality phots to be taken. I am sure that if you approach them the right way that they can keep copies of some dramatic images in exchange for a modelling contract. :wink:

As you are in Staffordshire, are you in the Stoke or Stafford site? If you are in Stoke is Zarka's the best Balti house in Christendom still there?

Belated edit for severe typing mongness

6. Brilliant, thanks a lot for that, I'll give them a try. I'm at the Stoke campus, and funnily enough Zarkha's is at the bottom of my street!

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Morgan thanks for taking an interest in the forces and our issues,

you might also want to consider the Royal Marines.

Good luck with all of your course,

Mr H

8. Yeah good luck!

9. And can I be the first to say....

Get a wash? :)