Student 'Force Recon' walt -- help me out.

Hi guys, I haven't posted here much but I was visiting a good mate at university in Wales last week and met a proper fella who's his best friend. The shit he came out with was beyond belief and I just had to post it here.

This guy is 22 years old, born 2 January 1989 and is currently studying for a degree. He reckons he joined up when he was 16 and served in something called 'Force Recon', which naturally he isn't allowed to talk about. His brother owns a small refrigerated van business in South Wales, not sure if this will twig any memories. It seems to have a modest (at best) income, at any rate.
Anyway, was drinking with him and said mate in the pub and spent most of it with my gob wide open at the sheer audacity of the guy. Some of the shit this guy came out with was just unbelievable.

The worst thing is, it doesn't seem to be limited to military claims, either — he drives a bog standard Corsa, and gave us a lift to the pub in it, but all the way there he was talking about how he's got an 'Audi R8 128 Spyder' which he uses to drive to work meetings and keeps in his workshop. My mate has never seen it but has been showed pictures of it on the premises of his work.

Once we got to the pub, he started his spinning his ex-mil yarns, and here's just a taste of the shit he told:

-- He told us that he had reached the rank of Major in 'Force Recon'. Bear in mind he's 22.

-- He flashed us a card that apparently gave him authorization to bear arms. Didn't get a close look at it, but had a picture, number, some text. May have been a MOD 90.

-- My mate reckons he's got an MP5 in his corsa, under the footwell, which he 'felt the trigger guard of'. He's also apparently got guns everywhere, including in his cars, his drawer at work and in his room.

-- He has a pistol at his university house, which my mate shares, that is registered to 'someone from a sand country.' (all of his other guns are registered to him).

-- When he was on tour, he was pinned down by a sniper in a clock tower. One of the men in his 'unit' stood up, loaded a grenade into his UGL, said 'fuck it' and blew the guy away.

-- If you search his record, it will say he was part of the logistic corps, since you aren't allowed to identify him. Probing any further will result in 'classified'.

-- On his police record, it says "do not apprehend alone" because he's had such a sheer amount of training.

-- He told us that "the normal person who has to notify people that they've lost a loved one" was on tour, so he had to do it numerous times.

-- In 2008, the army put him through a cryptography course at the university he is currently attending.

-- He did 'black ops' missions. He joined the 'special forces' when he was in Iraq on tour. Apparently, they were "asked to do a few more missions", and could either go home or stay on. And that was when he became a special forces soldier.

-- He left the army after 3 years of service. He was given the choice either to 'do one last tour' or 'go home'.

-- It appears he's still doing sneaky beaky work though, since just last week, he was holidaying in Hawaii and they sent him off for a "job".

-- "They" (don't know who he was referring to) did a test which involved showing him grisly pictures and so on whilst monitoring his heart rate, and apparently the only thing that made him angry was the word 'pedo'.

-- Talked about his oppo, a bloke called 'Ghost' from Kent who died recently on tour in Iraq after getting hit by a stray bullet in the side, where the body armor straps up(!). Apparently a '1 in a million' chance. He was supposedly one of the best snipers at her majesty's disposal and lived off the land in Glamorgan as a sort of wildman-cum-hunter-gatherer because his parents disowned them and thus, he hated them. According to him, he was such a good shot that he didn't need a spotter and as such he was working alone in the field on the day that he was shot. He had to run all the way back to base after being wounded as he was out on his own. He shortly thereafter died of blood loss.
Any of this shit ring a bell, as in lifted from a video game / movie or something? I'm thinking he must have seen some of this shit in Black Ops or that shit series with Ross Kemp as an SAS bod.
Bottom line is...This guy is at best a pathological liar and at worst a complete psychopath who's got a load of guns at his disposal.

I'm new to all this waltfinder shit, though -- on the off chance that his story should be at all true, is there some way in which I can check whether he really is ex-forces? I can share his name etc. to interested parties who can take a look for me.

All sounds about right to me. I am hoping to join Force Recon as well, just waiting for a reply from my application which is probably still sitting on the CO's desk.

So in exchange for a couple of pints, you got treated to a hilarious display of unrestrained walting, sounds like you got a good deal to me. He should do cabaret.

I can't believe he told you as much as he did. At least he didn't mention his actual unit.

S

swampmonster

Oh silly me.....And me forgetting its full of them too....

you have to admit, its a excellent yarn....... based on a few films I think...

Oh it was fucking cracking stuff, really. He has clearly taken fallen for his own bullshit hook, line and sinker, though, since he had a sort of wild, crazed attitude about him while he was recounting his tales.
This is the only thing that slightly worries me, really; it's quite possible he really is a complete fucking nutjob and has a closet full of pistols, in which case I'd prefer he not take my mate out with him when his eventual rambo moment comes.

t's quite possible he... has a closet full of pistols
No it isn't, not unless he's a Registered Firearms Dealer. If he has a firearms of shotgun certificate and you genuinely think he's a nutcase rather than a harmless pub bullshitter, then call the local firearms licensing department, get the number off the force web site.

M

Mark The Convict

'He's also apparently got guns everywhere'

Did he go to school in Dunblane, by any chance?

This guy has a mate who is/was a recently deceased SF sniper who passed his free time as a "cum hunter-gatherer" ? Sounds like RAF Regt or David furnish Platoon Walt to me. :)

What's the guy's name ? Gunny Highway ? Do the USMC Recon' accept Taffs ?

As to having 'lots of guns', shop the cnut. Either he has them and definately shouldn't or he needs a wake up call to get him back from la-la land. Better to err on the side of caution rather than have the thought (when rather than if he goes bananas) you could have prevented it all ......

D_B

Introduce him to this lady. They seem to have much in common. Jodie Louise K (LCplJodieLK) on Twitter

Crypto at uni, from Sandhurst to Major in three years and a tour of Iraq squeezed in for good measure, this guy is good!
What is it with the young walts lately, buying medals and marching on remembrance Sunday is obviously not enough anymore.
This guy is one unhinged and disrespectful cunt to those who do serve, a pintglass face interface would probably do him a favour!

Crypto at uni, from Sandhurst to Major in three years and a tour of Iraq squeezed in for good measure, this guy is good!
What is it with the young walts lately, buying medals and marching on remembrance Sunday is obviously not enough anymore.
This guy is one unhinged and disrespectful cunt to those who do serve, a pintglass face interface would probably do him a favour!
I agree. Right now it's bleedin' obvious he's a twat but when he gets to 30 and older .............. it'll still sound twatish to us but many folk will start to believe.

This is the only thing that slightly worries me, really; it's quite possible he really is a complete fucking nutjob and has a closet full of pistols, in which case I'd prefer he not take my mate out with him when his eventual rambo moment comes.
Ring crime stoppers, but don't tell 'em your name, Pike.

Just give the cnut a good dig and inform him that for every future lie he tells, you will remove one of his teeth with pliers