stuck this here as it is amazing

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by old_bloke, Apr 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. That's a great find - thanks for posting it.
  2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I really enjoyed that, it was superbly put together.

Though one does wonder if a white fluffy cat is the right choice for a Bren Loader?
  3. Great find. Well done that man.

Best thing I have seen in a while.
  4. Very nice find
  5. Brilliant find, well done that man!
  6. Watching that it makes you wonder if we could ever financially afford a World War again, the sheer scale of men, equipment etc. We'd probably run out of money a week into it and end up throwing bean cans at the enemy.
  7. Kitchen knives sellotaped to broom handles, Mr Mainwarning!:)
  8. Brilliant. Recognised some of the New Guinea footage as the work of Damien Parer from his award winning "Kokoda Front Line" film. Like many of his ilk he was killed filming the action. Towards the end of the clip there is footage of what appears to be British commandos captured by the Germans. Has anyone ever seen that footage before or can throw some light on what and where?
  9. Looks like airborne prisonners from arnhem.
  10. Standard clip of Brit para's captured after Arnhem.

White cats make the best bren loaders 8)

Excellent footage, only spoilt for me by the German footage (Sig 33 in Poland and Stug 44 when doing the D Day stuff)
  11. Some of those clips have been digitally colored and are from black and white newsreel films, but it's been so well done you can not tell unless you have seen the originals here

British Pathe