Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in the house - bored - annoy the partner.

Last night I was a little bored - TV was crap, I'm internetted out, gamed out, music'd out etc. Due to boredom I decided to have a chuckle at my partners expense.

Background of prank. My partner is one of those women that believe in spirits and stuff, does Reiki, uses joss sticks & has a shit load of candles.. (yep weirdo, I know).

Anyway, I asked her to go an make me a cup of tea to get her out of the living room, while she was a away I tied some fishing line around my ankle and tied it on to one of the cushions on the couch opposite to where we were sitting. She comes back with the tea, turns the light off, and pops a candle on. I drank the brew and started talking about her mum (do you remember the time etc). Anyway I stood up and said 'Spirit of XXX - if you are still with us, show us a sign', at that point I pulled my leg back and the cushion shot off the chair.

The poor lass near jumped vertically off the couch and ran into the kitchen (at this point I hid the evidence). She then started telling me that was the proof that spirits exist and feels vindicated about all the times she's waffled on about such things and I've laughed at her - I don't have the heart to tell her it was a prank now, as she's phoned a couple of her pals and told them about it.

Does anyone else get bored and prank their partners when bored - I'd like to hear your covid pranks - & maybe get some ideas for the next time I'm bored.

Last night I was a little bored - TV was crap, I'm internetted out, gamed out, music'd out etc. Due to boredom I decided to have a chuckle at my partners expense.

Background of prank. My partner is one of those women that believe in spirits and stuff, does Reiki, uses joss sticks & has a shit load of candles.. (yep weirdo, I know).

Anyway, I asked her to go an make me a cup of tea to get her out of the living room, while she was a away I tied some fishing line around my ankle and tied it on to one of the cushions on the couch opposite to where we were sitting. She comes back with the tea, turns the light off, and pops a candle on. I drank the brew and started talking about her mum (do you remember the time etc). Anyway I stood up and said 'Spirit of XXX - if you are still with us, show us a sign', at that point I pulled my leg back and the cushion shot off the chair.

The poor lass near jumped vertically off the couch and ran into the kitchen (at this point I hid the evidence). She then started telling me that was the proof that spirits exist and feels vindicated about all the times she's waffled on about such things and I've laughed at her - I don't have the heart to tell her it was a prank now, as she's phoned a couple of her pals and told them about it.

Does anyone else get bored and prank their partners when bored - I'd like to hear your covid pranks - & maybe get some ideas for the next time I'm bored.

You’ll be able to do it for real when she finds out and murders you to death.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmmmmm. You've now utterly confirmed her faith in her belief system and all that goes with it, therefore your house will now become a New Age shrine. The only way you can lift the curse is to fess up, in which case Mystic Dingerr may not be far off the mark.

Was there a Chinese gentleman and a whiff of sulphur present when you tied the fishing line to the cushion?

The only way you can lift the curse is to fess up.

No danger, the flack wouldn't be worth it - also she's pretty happy as now she has a story to tell her bored pals, surprise, surprise - they started telling her about their own 'spirit' stories as well. Now I'll probably have to listen to this crap for the rest of the week (and try not to laugh).

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
No danger, the flack wouldn't be worth it - also she's pretty happy as now she has a story to tell her bored pals, surprise, surprise - they started telling her about their own 'spirit' stories as well. Now I'll probably have to listen to this crap for the rest of the week (and try not to laugh).

In that case, sheep and lambs etc, you may as well give the punters what they want and arrange another haunting.

You should have stuck to 'Pull My Finger'.

Ageless humour at it's best.

I dropped something heavy on my toe the other day and due to a large collection of blood under the nail and it throbbing like a bastard I ended up melting a hole through to drain it off to avoid an A&E visit in current climes. My girlfriend can't stand the sight of blood or even mentioning it by name, she starts throwing a wobbler and saying she's going to faint, so now all I have to do when I want some peace and quiet for a bit is take my sock off and say "seen this?", to which she storms off and doesn't come bothering me for hours, will milk it for as long as possible!

I could do with something to annoy her out of the house, it's getting harder to get my daily wanks in with her indoors.., well indoors all the time

tiv

LE

I wouldn't dare, she's quite meek and mild most of the time but I've seen her do annoyed and it's frightning.

armchair_ninja

Old-Salt
When I first moved in with the wife I used to find it funny to move something before she came home. Now she is extremely house proud and needs everything to be in the right place. The thought that I had moved something, however small, whilst highly amusing for me used to drive her mad.

Surprised I'm still there 18 years on.

When I first moved in with the wife I used to find it funny to move something before she came home. Now she is extremely house proud and needs everything to be in the right place. The thought that I had moved something, however small, whilst highly amusing for me used to drive her mad.

Surprised I'm still there 18 years on.
I've got a chess board with fancy chess pieces on my living room table, when my uncle visits - he finds it amusing to turn one of the pieces around so it's facing backwards, I usually don't notice until he's gone - you sound a bit like him & I sound a bit like your wife :) , maybe that's a sign of your wife having OCD or something.

NSP

LE
I could do with something to annoy her out of the house, it's getting harder to get my daily wanks in with her indoors.., well indoors all the time
You could get her to help. Make her feel useful.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You could get her to help. Make her feel useful.
And it is not mandatory to tell her you are thinking of her sister!

Partner? Not really just twelve men (Well almost men) in an old wooden spider hut in Carlisle.
Lights out was at 2200 hrs and the duty NCO/WO came round at 2230hrs to ensure lights were out and bodies in beds.
Once lights were out there was a single low wattage light high up in the ceiling that left the room in gloom.
A couple of bodies decided to use the fishing line trick on a few items, one was a hockey stick from memory another the room table.
The duty NCO was awaited with bated breath. When he came in the hockey stick mysteriously hovered above the floor and the table legs clattered on the lino. There might have been a ball balanced on one of the rafters as well that came bouncing down but memory dims.
Result? Absolutely sod all. He totally ignored it all.
He'd probably had it done to him multiple times by a multitude of Apprentices.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
In that case, sheep and lambs etc, you may as well give the punters what they want and arrange another haunting.

With authentic "ectoplasm" I assume...

If you eat it you get the power of second sight or summat

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

happyuk

War Hero
For me the hardest part about pulling off a successful prank is keeping a straight face afterwards. It's a real skill that I've never been able to develop.

Slightly off-topic, the Japanese even have their own hilarious game show which translates as "Don't laugh". Witness what happens to poor contestants once they succumb...

my old lady lays out the place mats, cutlery, and coasters for drinks before each meal, so while she is faffing about with her back to me, i remove the mats and slip out into the living room, howls of expletives which would make a sailor blush tell me that she has noticed, my response, i gingerly put my head around the door and say..."still love me darling" ....we have been married 42 years.

I have always had stinky feet. They just sweat a lot, always have. Better now I don’t wear waterproof (well somewhat waterproof) Army boots, but my socks are still disgusting by end of the day.

If ‘er indoors has incurred my wrath, a stinky sock goes on her pillow. Nice slow burner, she doesn’t find it until bedtime, then it’s a Saturn V launch sequence. Most splendid entertainment :)

Latest Threads