Stuck Canopy

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tomahawk6, Apr 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What you guys need is some pikey, 14yr old, Burberry-clad, hoodie-wearing ratboy with a coat hanger. He'd have had them sorted out in no time and it wouldn't have cost the taxpayer almost 200 large.

Mind you, they'd probably have to pay him $20 to "Watch out for your ride, mate? Y'know- just to make sure nothin 'appens to it, like" and even then, the Datalink equipment would have been ripped out and it'd be up on blocks.

2. Bet thats going to cost a nice bit to replace.

3. Bet the pilot was reassured that the guys on the outside felt the need to get togged up in all that gear, and he had his flight suit.

4. A very nasty predicament to be in, particularly while sitting on an ejection seat. Lacking the press-on spirit as I do, I am always concerned that one system failure I know about might lead to others that I don't know about - yet. Presumably the ejection sequence starts with blowing the canopy off - I don't see anything in the canopy breaking line.

Just nuts for the fire rescue chaps though, to whom I will always doff my headset.

5. He could have pulled one of the spark plugs and used that

6. You can put the pins back in if you like...
    but yes, nasty spot to be in.

7. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Five hours in there? I hope he had a bottle :lol:

8. I hope he had TWO bottles