Stuart Lancaster gets the job

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Core Strife, Mar 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The only logical move, I'm amazed the RFU came up with it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Common sense from the RFU - Ye're doomed, doomed Ah tell ye.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Right man for the job at the moment. No one predicted that not only would we turn the Irish over at home, but the frogs in Paris! I just hope the RFU don't screw him over and actually let him get on with the job they are paying him to do.

4. Deserved a shot, picked them up when on the floor, put a bit of pride back in the team too.

Good Luck, he's going to need it!

5. A just reward for a good 6 nations, as has been said it makes a change for HQ to show common sense.

6. This brilliant news would be made complete if attached to it was a rider announcing the dismissal of that useless **** Rob Andrew.

7. He's welcome to it !!

We can now start a book on who the next England Manager is going to be.

8. How long will it take before we start looking for another manager?

I mean, 3 tests vs south africa, not the easiest, and then some difficult Autumn internationals..... It's going to be interesting.

9. Shouldn't you be fishing out your Clootie Dumpling with your wooden spoon?

• Like Like x 2
  10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

seconded. In all fairness, he has done a good job so far and more than deserves a decent crack at the job.

11. Thank heavens. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The attitude in the team seems so much better than when MJ was in.

Johnson - a good man, a good player, a good captain - too much "one of the lads" to set the attitude as a coach. We saw the result of that...

12. He tried an approach which he thought would unite the team and get a good response, he was wrong and unable to change his strategy mid-tournament. He learned his lessons the hard way, unfortunately.