Stu Williamson - RIP

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by the_guru, Sep 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been informed of the death last night of Stu Williamson. I served with Stu in RSSST(G) at 16 Sigs 1994-95.

He was only a couple of months short of his Dining Out at the end of his service.

Really sorry to pass this news on.

RIP Stu, You Gyros munching bloke.....
  2. **** me!

Sad news, I served with Stu in Hohne many years ago. What happened?
  3. He evidently had a heart attack....
  4. This news comes a week after another relatively young (ex) member of the Corps collapsed and died with the same condition after going for a run.

I didn't put his name on here as I can't find any official news as such, I received the info from a mutual friend.
  5. Shit! RIP Stu.
  6. Spent a posting with Stu in Holland, never could bat the b@satard at darts.

Thoughts go out to his family.
  7. If this is the same Stu Williamson who was a powerman in Hohne in the eighties then he was a top bloke, my thoughts are with his family.
  8. Prayers said for him and his family at Herford Station Church this morning. I understand that his German wife is being comforted by family in her home town of Hohne and the Army is of course assisting where possible. A very sad time for his family and friends. I shall try and keep the thread updated as information comes through.LtP
  9. Thanks for that. I'd appreciate any funeral details, although I probably won't be able to make it.

Stillwell, yes he spent a lot of time at 7 ARMD
  10. So deeply saddened to hear of the news of Stu. I was only talking to him the other day. I will always rememeber him for seriously cheesing the hubby off on wednesday's darts nights!! He could never beat him!
    RIP 'the slayer' with love to your family.
    'Little Rockets' Mrs!
  11. Deepest condolences to his Family.

Thanks for the comradeship, friendship, long hours of putting the World to rights and above all the laughs, great memories.
    Not gone from us - just a step ahead.
    RIP Mate.
  12. Knew Stu during his last short stay in the province, top bloke, funny geezer RIP fella.
  13. Can't believe it. Worked with Stu at 1 Div 97-00 then would meet him on the usual circuit (Corps dinners etc) and it was like we'd never been apart. A great friend who could tell stories all night without repeating himself. A joy to know and a man you don't forget. The Corps was to say farewell soon but this is tragic news. Sadly missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP geezer.
  14. My thoughts are with your family Stu, to many funny stories to ever be forgotten.
  15. Im gutted, found out at about 1530 today. 1 ADSR (Verden) together, then again in Holland years later, was due to meet up at the Corps Convention for our last piss take. Condolences go out to Sue and the lads. I'm reeling, didn't think it would hit me this bad, but it has. One less top bloke in our Corps. Because that's exactly what he was. Any way i'm going to listen to some of that **** Dubliner shit you use to listen to, and drink and darts....