Stu Williamson - RIP

I've just been informed of the death last night of Stu Williamson. I served with Stu in RSSST(G) at 16 Sigs 1994-95.

He was only a couple of months short of his Dining Out at the end of his service.

Really sorry to pass this news on.

RIP Stu, You Gyros munching bloke.....

This news comes a week after another relatively young (ex) member of the Corps collapsed and died with the same condition after going for a run.

I didn't put his name on here as I can't find any official news as such, I received the info from a mutual friend.

Prayers said for him and his family at Herford Station Church this morning. I understand that his German wife is being comforted by family in her home town of Hohne and the Army is of course assisting where possible. A very sad time for his family and friends. I shall try and keep the thread updated as information comes through.LtP

Thanks for that. I'd appreciate any funeral details, although I probably won't be able to make it.

Stillwell, yes he spent a lot of time at 7 ARMD

So deeply saddened to hear of the news of Stu. I was only talking to him the other day. I will always rememeber him for seriously cheesing the hubby off on wednesday's darts nights!! He could never beat him!
RIP 'the slayer' with love to your family.
'Little Rockets' Mrs!

Deepest condolences to his Family.

Stu,
Thanks for the comradeship, friendship, long hours of putting the World to rights and above all the laughs, great memories.
Not gone from us - just a step ahead.
RIP Mate.

Can't believe it. Worked with Stu at 1 Div 97-00 then would meet him on the usual circuit (Corps dinners etc) and it was like we'd never been apart. A great friend who could tell stories all night without repeating himself. A joy to know and a man you don't forget. The Corps was to say farewell soon but this is tragic news. Sadly missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP geezer.

Im gutted, found out at about 1530 today. 1 ADSR (Verden) together, then again in Holland years later, was due to meet up at the Corps Convention for our last piss take. Condolences go out to Sue and the lads. I'm reeling, didn't think it would hit me this bad, but it has. One less top bloke in our Corps. Because that's exactly what he was. Any way i'm going to listen to some of that **** Dubliner shit you use to listen to, and drink and darts....

You've just reminded me of his frankly shocking taste in music....

I remember him dragging me round to the Families Social Club in JHQ when I stayed at his for a couple of days before I went to Latina, and we went in there when the bingo was on. We were jawwing at the bar when the chubby RAF caller told us to keep the noise down when they were bingoing. He just shouted "Fcuk off, and keep the bingo noise down, we're trying to have a talk over here".

He could get away with stuff like that.

A top geeza who worked for me during his last stint in Province.

RIP with that wicked sense of humour - see above posts.

G

Gutted, ive just found out that Stu has passed away

i was lucky enough to serve with him in Hohne 22 Bde in the early 90s
condolences to the family
till we all hook up in the last RV mate.